Author Topic: Clan Expansion Pack for MWO  (Read 1388 times)

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Clan Expansion Pack for MWO
« on: 18 August 2014, 02:07:06 »
Imagine that it's 2015.

I think that the Clanners could use more 'Mechs. After all, IS pilots have at least five or six 'Mechs in each weight class, while the Clanners have only two. So I contemplated what 'Mechs could be used by the PGI for some future Clan expansion pack, something as they did with their Phoenix Pack.

Light Class: Dasher, Koshi
- Puma and Uller aren't bad, but they are kinda slow for a Light 'Mech.
- Dasher is much faster and it would be analogical with the Phoenix Pack's Locust
- Hankyu and Fire Falcon would be possible, but they are not too common

Medium Class: Dragonfly, Fenris
- Nobori-Nin and Shadow Cat would be possible, sure, but they are less common and with the Black Hawk and Ryoken we already have 'Mechs emphasizing firepower over speed
- Dragonfly and Fenris are more common during the early invasion years; they could be interesting choices for Clan pilots who would prefer speed for their medium 'Mechs
- other possible Omnis are even less common

Heavy Class: Loki, Vulture
- I think that here the choice would be obvious
- other Omnis are even less common

Assault Class: Gladiator, Man o' War
- Turkina would be a bit pointless here, with the Daishi already in the game
- Naga is artillery 'Mech, but artillery already is in the game; Kingfisher was uncommon

Decoy

• Captain
Re: Clan Expansion Pack for MWO
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2014, 03:38:46 »
The big problem with several is the fact that MASC isn't used in the game yet. That takes out the Firemoth and Executioner.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2014, 08:50:50 »
It would be pretty rad to race behind enemy lines in a Fire Moth D.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2014, 08:56:53 »
The big problem with several is the fact that MASC isn't used in the game yet. That takes out the Firemoth and Executioner.

And Shadow Cat, which I think would be likely otherwise. It may not be 'common' in canon, but it was in MW3/4 and at least the MC expansion, so it has become fairly iconic for players of the computer games.

Register