Author Topic: ARTS Standard Repair Facility (Pressurized)  (Read 1345 times)

The MadScot

• Recruit
ARTS Standard Repair Facility (Pressurized)
« on: 21 March 2023, 04:22:02 »
I am building a Dropship in the Meklab.  What is this?  I noticed that I can adjust the Size of this thing.  What I'm looking for is a repair bay that can accommodate Battlemechs.  Can I adjust the size to do that?  If so, what size does it have to be?
I AM the MadScot!  All others are frauds, fakes or pretenders!

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Re: ARTS Standard Repair Facility (Pressurized)
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2023, 05:08:51 »
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 21 March 2023, 07:27:38 »
I am building a Dropship in the Meklab.  What is this?  I noticed that I can adjust the Size of this thing.  What I'm looking for is a repair bay that can accommodate Battlemechs.  Can I adjust the size to do that?  If so, what size does it have to be?

Here are the various Bays, and what they support:
  • Mech Bay - stores/repairs 1 Mech up to 100 tons (2 if they are both Compact)
  • Light Vehicle Bay - stores/repairs 1 vehicle massing up to 50 tons
  • Heavy Vehicle Bay - stores/repairs 1 vehicle massing up to 100 tons
  • SuperHeavy Vehicle Bay - stores/repairs 1 vehicle massing up to 200 tons
  • Fighter Bay - stores/repairs 1 Aerospace fighter
  • Protomech Bay - stores/repairs 1 point of Protomechs (5 of them)
  • Battlearmor Bay - stores/repairs 1 squad of Battlearmor (4 for Inner Sphere, 5 for Clan, 6 for Comstar or Word of Blake)
  • Infantry Bay (various types of infantry) - stores 1 platoon of that infantry type; exception is Mechanized infantry as it will only store one squad of Mechanized
  • Small Craft Bay - stores/repairs 1 Small Craft
  • Standard Repair Facility (Unpressurized) - takes up 2.5% of the largest single item that you want it to be able to fit in.  So if you want to be able to build/repair a 1 million ton space station, then it will mass 25,000 tons.
  • Standard Repair Facility (Pressurized) - takes up 7.5% of the largest single item that you want it to be able to fit in.  So if you want to be able to build/repair a 1 million ton space station, then it will mass 75,000 tons.

So if you want to store and repair Mechs, you need the Mech Bay, massing 150 tons.  Depending on your needs, you may want more than one of the Bays.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 21 March 2023, 07:29:35 »
Also you don’t need a specific repair bay for stuff smaller than warships. The bay houses room for repairs and such.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.