Author Topic: MW: Tactics  (Read 11065 times)

Nova Cain

• Corporal
Re: MW: Tactics
« Reply #30 on: 08 September 2014, 23:10:59 »
No response as of yet from the IGP addresses, but I am hearing back from the company that handles their online payment system. 

I'm okay with handing over money for Kickstarters or pre-release products that ultimately fail.  That's the nature of the beast.  Some make it; some don't.  But I am not okay with them taking my money, disappearing for a long stretch of time without any communications, and then not delivering a product.
Mystic Failure:  How the heck did we not see THAT coming?

Luriael

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 17 September 2014, 11:37:49 »
one other thing to keep in mind is they say the founder's pack weren't there to finance the game, it's actually my government's money that finance the game  ::)

It had promises, it was still very very rough... No one knows for sure, I hope they jump start it differently, maybe they came to the conclusion that a browser based game was too limiting... but I was always an optimistic.
"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

- Aleksandr Kerensky

Kwic

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 17 September 2014, 21:59:07 »
Has Mechwarrior Tactical Command also vanished from the face of the earth?

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 18 September 2014, 08:49:10 »

MW:TC (a completely different game than Tactics) was released for iPads primarily. As far as I know they released a few patches after release but it has been available and complete for quite a while at this point, so it makes sense to not really hear any updates on that end. As far as I know it should still be available on the iOS app store. I think I picked it up when it was on sale for $0.99 - $5 but couldn't really play it on my phone and I wasn't going to buy an ipad for it.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #34 on: 18 September 2014, 12:28:59 »
I played it a few weeks back on my wife's iPhone.
I can't say for certain anything about the company that makes it, but I'm still killing time with the app.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Luriael

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 25 September 2014, 11:57:23 »
well, the website is stating that they are looking for a new infrastructure and developer so everything might not be lost with that game... although it took a major step back
"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."

- Aleksandr Kerensky

Nova Cain

• Corporal
« Reply #36 on: 02 October 2014, 10:42:57 »
Other than the obvious changes to the page, I have heard little else.  I did email one of the former employees and got a response, but he was unable to supply anymore information.  Hitting the funding side had no luck as well.
Mystic Failure:  How the heck did we not see THAT coming?

AJC46

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 04 December 2014, 16:41:32 »
there's a listing for the sale of IGP's assets sad to say but it looks like this company has took the founders money and run without giving a final product and they have shut their doors and are selling off everything else.

http://raymondchabot.com/en/assets-for-sale/26192

Tactics is deader than the dodo end of story.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 04 December 2014, 17:37:22 »
Sad to see it go.  I've never heard of a turn based game giving you a movie of the full game at the end before.  I was really looking forward to watching my battles acted out.  :(

And yeah I know I can get my turn based fix from megamek, but reading over a long list of roll results isn't nearly as satisfying as watching my LRMs fly across the map and exploding against my target while little damage numbers, smoke, and "CRITICAL" rise from the wreckage.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”