Author Topic: Question on Territory Control Rules if any.  (Read 2078 times)

sp111kg

• Corporal
  • Clan Wolf
Question on Territory Control Rules if any.
« on: 15 April 2015, 00:45:45 »
First off, I just got into battletech. My previous experience was the PC MW and Commanders, and the 2 xbox games.
Im a big fan of AnA and Risk, and was wondering if Battle Force has any rules for territory control.
I been seeing that people have questions on repair times and so forth, and was hoping that there is a table top variation of controlling zones, gaining supplies and reinforcements.
I have not read the rules (as I dont own them, only have a Clan Lance).

Thank you for any responses.
sp111kg

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: Question on Territory Control Rules if any.
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2015, 20:27:54 »
Something fitting what you want wont be around until Interstellar Operations comes out.

UNLESS you can find an old copy of an old BT product I can't remember the name of... I think it was the Succession Wars game or Inner Sphere in Flames (though that could be the title for the new offering).

Someone else may remember the name... but figured I would let you know its out there at least ;)

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2015, 18:56:58 »
battleforce 2 had rules under the planetary assault section for world conquering.

ISIF (combat operations) had strategic rules for playing fronts on the strategic scale.
Agent # 703

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2015, 01:15:26 »
There was a boxed set that was actually very RISK-like called The Succession Wars.  It takes most of the detail of battletech and battleforce away and makes things very abstract.  Kindof sortof a necessity for the level of operations they were trying to imitate.   It's kindof like comparing Squad Leader to Axis and Allies. 

Combat Operations was a book that had a points system rules for strategic and operational level,...   uh,...  operations.   :-\  Anyway, those rules seemed to me to be a good but uncomplete basis for expanding on to create the large scale invasion-type game you seem to be wanting to play. 

Otherwise, there is the very anxious much awaited Interstellar Operations which is the next core book I understand that is supposed to be coming out.  Someone I know told me it was out, but I have yet to see it.  Anyone able to clarify this last point? 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2015, 16:05:44 »
Interstellar Operations is not for sale at this time.

Soon, though.....

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2015, 18:05:08 »
The Clan's logistical train has been less than great as they normally depended on the Bachall process to secure any win . Outside of the Batchall  any prolonged field won is squandered by the poor supply.  I see the Clan forces like Napoleon in Russia he won every battle there too, but kept nothing.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2015, 03:48:54 »
Fronts shifts. You don't control territory, without leaving man there to hold it. You can invade a planet, and kill any soldier on it; if you hop to another planet without leaving at least an infantry regiment to hold it (a lot more if you need to pacify it) than it'll just revert to whoever the population feels allegiance too.

I would say there are three levels:
Raids: you went in, completed your objectives, and bugged out.
Conquest: you came to stay, secured the location and assigned a garrison before moving on.
Denial: a middle ground, you deny a strategic location from your enemy, but don't have the logistical infrastructure to exploit it for your own needs at the moment; these are often strategic objectives that have little military value, like civilian factories, power stations, or even minor population centers. You may leave a garrison to maintain control of it, or simply destroy it so you want have to devote troops to holding it.
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.