Author Topic: Master Unit List print offline. Coming back? Alternatives?  (Read 5226 times)

Stoobert

• Corporal
I'm new to Alpha Strike and really like this http://www.masterunitlist.info/Force/Build but I see it's offline and has been since Feb.  Other than individually copy paste cards into a Word file, what are the alternatives?  Is Army Builder any good?

When will the print thing come back online?  Thanks!

Stoobert

• Corporal
Re: Master Unit List print offline. Coming back? Alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2016, 15:23:34 »
Kind of sort of answered part of my question.

1. Found a reasonable alternative here, although juggling Skill is still a bit cumbersome, it's a nice drag n drop tool.

2. I tried Army Builder and couldn't find much value in it, as I still have to load each unit card manually via copy/paste a URL

« Last Edit: 15 April 2016, 15:25:06 by Stoobert »

Stoobert

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2016, 12:33:52 »
I found that only a full license of Army Builder will let you print unit cards via "Save Custom Output..."

Attached is the result.  Very satisfied with Army Builder, money well spent.  Problem solved!

Skyhigh

• Master Sergeant
    • Solaris Skunkwerks
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2016, 15:12:40 »
Hey there Stoobert,

Someone pointed your thread out to me.  I just updated the AS Builder on MasterUnitList.info so that it can create the PDF again.  Right now it opens a new tab but then downloads the file.  I'm still playing with it to see if I can get the PDF to just display in the browser rather then force a download.

Sorry for the delay...been trying to fix all the sites that broke with the move to new hosting  :(

Skyhigh

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2016, 15:15:27 »
Hey there Stoobert,

Someone pointed your thread out to me.  I just updated the AS Builder on MasterUnitList.info so that it can create the PDF again.  Right now it opens a new tab but then downloads the file.  I'm still playing with it to see if I can get the PDF to just display in the browser rather then force a download.

Sorry for the delay...been trying to fix all the sites that broke with the move to new hosting  :(

Skyhigh

Huzzah!  Thanks for the work you do :)

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2016, 15:44:17 »
Hey there Stoobert,

Skyhigh

No apologies needed. You guys have really stepped up to the plate on this and we fans know it  O0

Stoobert

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2016, 21:33:36 »
Thanks a bunch!  :)) O0

Stoobert

• Corporal
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2016, 00:38:32 »
I can login to MUL, I don't have an account to begin with.  I can't seem to create an account on MUL.  What's up?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2016, 05:50:54 »
I can login to MUL, I don't have an account to begin with.  I can't seem to create an account on MUL.  What's up?

Accounts are only for editing the MUL, and are limited to MUL team members.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #9 on: 05 May 2016, 06:46:07 »
it's like the back door to a speakeasy that gets you into the swanky, slightly illegal MUL with bootlegged RATs

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #10 on: 05 May 2016, 19:00:09 »
You mean the one that lists the Hellstar as available to the first Star League?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #11 on: 05 May 2016, 22:26:39 »

i have to figure out the password to get into that place...

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 05 May 2016, 23:16:19 »
i have to figure out the password to get into that place...

It's "Rul3#1"

Just remembered that's not in Herb's sig anymore.  Rule #1 is "whatever works for your game".
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 06 May 2016, 05:11:59 »
You mean something like this: http://masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=&HasBV=true&HasBV=false&MinTons=&MaxTons=&MinBV=&MaxBV=&MinIntro=&MaxIntro=&MinCost=&MaxCost=&HasRole=&HasBFAbility=&MinPV=&MaxPV=&Role=None+Selected&Technologies=2&BookAuto=&FactionAuto=&Factions=55&Eras=255
I think there's a bug in the availability code, the IS does not have access to Clan designs in the 4SW

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #14 on: 06 May 2016, 05:41:00 »
Look at your search criteria:
Production era is the LosTech for those mechs.
They are clan tech.
Lastly, they are IS General. Just in the later eras.

If you were to specify an available era, it might limit the faction search to that era. I think that is how it works. I forget if you can actually limit the faction criteria to a specific era.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #15 on: 06 May 2016, 05:52:19 »
Yes, it's the availability era that needs to be selected to limit the faction to a particular era.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Register