Author Topic: Heat-Seeking missiles and Aero/Conventional targets  (Read 1277 times)

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
Heat-Seeking missiles and Aero/Conventional targets
« on: 15 December 2016, 00:14:56 »
Currently, you only get the -2 bonus if the missile is aimed directly at the read of the target. If not, you'll suffer a +1 penalty PLUS the +2 side arc penalty.

My suggestion is a -2 bonus for the Rear arc, -1 bonus for the Side arc, and +0 for the Nose. Even if fired at the front of an aircraft, an infrared guided missile will alter its flight path to match the heat source, since the light emitted isn't restricted to a single arc. This will have the effect of simulating the difficulty of changing flight paths and pursuing the target, but still give the bonus of the missile.

EXAMPLE
Fighter A is at +0 heat. A tank fires an LRM at the Side arc of the fighter.

Current: [4 (Gunnery) + 2 (Medium range) + 2 (Velocity 2) + 2 (Side Arc) + 1 (unit at 0 heat) = 11]
Proposed: [4 (Gunnery) + 2 (Medium range) + 2 (Velocity 2) + 2 (Side Arc) + 1 (unit at 0 heat) - 1 (heat-seeking at Side Arc) = 10
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops