Author Topic: Does O.T.P.: Hanseatic Crusade, have Ram Plate constrution rules in it?-Answered  (Read 184 times)

Of_Monkeys

• Private
Does 'Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade' contain rules for the construction of Quads using a Ram Plate?

And, I am making the assumption that the rules to use Ram Plates in combat, are in the book.
And if the rules are in there, I am guessing none of them are tournament legal?

Yes, I am one of those weird people who actually enjoyed fielding the original apocryphal 60 ton RHN-10 'Rhino' (Battlemech),
published in Battletechnology Magazine Issue #12, Pages 56-57.  (Fictional publication date Feb. 3046)
I just stumbled across the fact that there is a new Rhino printed about four years ago in the Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade.

In a city or dense forest I did pretty well with the orginal Rhino, also good against inexperienced pilots.
Honestly, I think it was my first experience with using Medium Laser 'spam'.  :grin:
In an open field however, yeah you get shot to bits.  :shocked:
« Last Edit: 26 June 2024, 18:11:14 by Of_Monkeys »

Speedbump

• Master Sergeant
There is a brief rules (including construction rules) summary for the Ram Plate included in a scenario that focuses on the Rhino. No rules level is specified within that summary and the Rhino would be experimental even if it didn't have a Ram Plate, but I suspect it'll be experimental when it eventually gets a formal write up.

Of_Monkeys

• Private
Thank you Speedbump!
That is what I needed to know. :)
I will add this to my "to pick up" list.

Melee Quads for everyone! *Laughs*