Author Topic: The Day When Heaven Was Falling  (Read 28510 times)

Dubble_g

• Lieutenant
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
Re: The Day When Heaven Was Falling
« Reply #210 on: 14 April 2018, 00:23:58 »
Just wanted to leave a quick note to say thanks to everyone commenting. OpacusVenatori especially, fantastic to see a new name. Cheers for the enouragement.

There's a germ of an idea about what Lestrade is up to, if I can get those creative juices flowing again. Further exploring the idea--introduced in this last series--that another war would be the straw that broke the camel's back regarding the integrity/coherence of the 5 houses. Instead of unifying the FedCom, the 4SW shatters the Inner Sphere.

Maybe more free beer needed?
Author, "Inverted" (Shrapnel #4), "Undefeated" (#10), "Reversal of Fortunes" (#13) and "The Alexandria Job" (#15)

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #211 on: 14 April 2018, 00:26:55 »
Wherever it takes you, man. We are most amused.

zephir

• Recruit
« Reply #212 on: 14 April 2018, 01:47:43 »
I've been lurking in on this (and your other stories) very regularly. I appreciate them!

Never posted because I dislike having to scroll through the fiction board pages to find the author posts.

Tegyrius

• Master Sergeant
  • They Are Not Our Friends
« Reply #213 on: 14 April 2018, 08:43:36 »
There's a germ of an idea about what Lestrade is up to, if I can get those creative juices flowing again. Further exploring the idea--introduced in this last series--that another war would be the straw that broke the camel's back regarding the integrity/coherence of the 5 houses. Instead of unifying the FedCom, the 4SW shatters the Inner Sphere.

I'm very interested to see where that goes.  One of my occasional issues with the original setting is that the G5 are so big that it's hard to enact meaningful change without throwing a novelist at them.  A Balkanized Inner Sphere with a couple dozen smaller polities would be much more interesting in terms of politics and temporary alliances - and would contribute a lot toward faction specialization and Lostech rarity.
Some places remain unknown because no one has gone there.  Others remain unknown because no one has come back.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #214 on: 14 April 2018, 21:47:13 »
Bring on more...
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

cpip

• Corporal
« Reply #215 on: 15 April 2018, 11:31:41 »
Maybe more free beer needed?

Tell you what. If by some chance you and I are at the same con, I'll buy you a beer or two for writing this. It's been great fun.

Dubble_g

• Lieutenant
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #216 on: 15 April 2018, 22:40:15 »
Tell you what. If by some chance you and I are at the same con, I'll buy you a beer or two for writing this. It's been great fun.

Unless they hold the con in Asia, that might be tricky. But thanks for the offer! I knew this writing gig would pay off one day. For now though, my childish side is just happy we got this thread to 6969 views. Good on yer, Internets!
Author, "Inverted" (Shrapnel #4), "Undefeated" (#10), "Reversal of Fortunes" (#13) and "The Alexandria Job" (#15)

Motsognir

• Sergeant
  • And so there I was...
« Reply #217 on: 16 April 2018, 00:29:14 »
Dubble_g, great story mate.

I have been lurking from the beginning and enjoyed it a lot. Sorry I didn't put a good word in earlier, but I do hope we get to see more from you.

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
« Reply #218 on: 16 April 2018, 09:10:49 »
so when do we get back to flying? It's been quite a bit of James Bondy lately (never a bad thing)... just oddly curious to our other heroes...?