Author Topic: Excess Ammo BV and TAG  (Read 2112 times)

Col Toda

• Captain
Excess Ammo BV and TAG
« on: 29 March 2021, 00:38:21 »
The rules state any BV for ammo in excess of the BV of the weapon itself is ignored. So if you are using enough TAG units you reach that point really fast so is the maximum BV for having many TAG units is triple the weapon BV for weapons with guided munitions and the execess beyond that is ignored as you can fire that single ton of ammo once ??? IE 1 X for weapon itself less than  1X representing ammoo bv itself and more than 1 X representing alot of TAG .

This is very possible if you got 16 tons of relevant ammo and 20 units with TAG in a fielded 2 company a side game . It makes logical sense but as such is very limitedly fielded may just not come up . ??

Is this an accurate  interpretation of the rules?
« Last Edit: 29 March 2021, 01:10:37 by Col Toda »

FaithBomb

• Lieutenant
Re: Excess Ammo BV and TAG
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2021, 10:49:38 »
I'm completely lost as to what you are even suggesting/asking here.
Some people say I'm a marshmallow...

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2021, 11:14:20 »
What Col Toda want to say seems;
-BV for ammunition in excess of the BV of the weapon is ignored. So, BV for ammunition is never higher than BV for the weapon itself. For example, if you have a weapon with BV of 100, then even if you have several tons of ammunitions for it you can't gain more than BV 100 for its ammunition. It's on 303.TM.
-On 314. TM, if a unit in the battle force has a TAG(or can be used for, such as Light TAG and C3 Master), add BV equal to each ton of semi-guided LRM ammunition to it.

Thus, I think that Col Toda want to ask if the TAG only have to pay BV up to equal to a TAG, even if the sum of BV of your semi-guided LRM ammunition is far higher than BV of a TAG.

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2021, 22:04:02 »
TAG BV Is representative by the BV of the tonnage of guided munitions . The current rules is each TAG is another additional BV adder of this value . My question is does it stop adding to the force cost when that cost exceeds the BV of the weapon itself.
I  mistakenly put this on the wrong board and asked the moderator to  move it to Rules Tactical  operation.  Regrets for any confusion this caused. 

As the a ton of ammo can only be fired once it makes sense that TAG and Ammo BV should never exceed 2X the BV of the weapon itself.  It is suggested in the Above tech manual reference just not explicit.  I just wanted clarification for more speedy BV calculation in scenario development
« Last Edit: 29 March 2021, 22:18:18 by Col Toda »

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2021, 12:07:17 »
Er... is there anyone have an idea why it is on the Fan Design forum right now? It is not related with any Fan Design and rules at all.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2021, 12:31:30 »
Er... is there anyone have an idea why it is on the Fan Design forum right now? It is not related with any Fan Design and rules at all.

From MOVED: Excess Ammo BV and TAG

This topic has been moved to Fan Designs and Rules at original poster's request.

PuppyLikesLaserPointers

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2021, 12:41:35 »
Oh... Got it. Thanks.

Register