Author Topic: lock and load maps  (Read 1464 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
lock and load maps
« on: 16 November 2020, 21:39:06 »
i've seen the maps for the lock & load system around and they look like they'd be fun to use in BT with a bit of modification. one thing i can't find is how big the hexes are. they have their standard maps and the relatively recent 4k xmaps that are more BT dimensions - though the hex size remains elusive. i've watched some unboxing and gameplay videos and the hexes certainly look big enough, but i wanted to be sure.

to be clear, i'm not looking to use these with BT maps, but as an alternative occasionally. i just wanted to make sure the hexes would fit the 30mm bases

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Re: lock and load maps
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2020, 10:20:34 »
There is a FREE PDF available directly from LNL Publishing on there forums:

Not gonna put the link up..."just in case" it violates something, but if a MOD comes in and says'  it's OK, I will.

Otherwise, I downloaded the demo, and it has a couple of demo maps for the game that print at scale.

So, I printed one, and the hexes are smaller than BT hexes.

BT Hexes are 32mm, while LnL hexes are about 25mm

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: lock and load maps
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2020, 10:23:45 »
ah yes, hiding things in plain sight - my greatest weakness. i'll check those out, thanks

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Register