Author Topic: Unjamming RACs  (Read 3700 times)

willydstyle

• Captain
Unjamming RACs
« on: 04 June 2011, 20:33:06 »
Is there any way to do it in megamek?

Rael

• Warrant Officer
Re: Unjamming RACs
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2011, 20:59:38 »
In the movement phase there's a tab down on the actions panel. You might have to scroll through to find it. You can also find it from the drop down menu at the top.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
Re: Unjamming regular ACs (j AC/20)
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2021, 20:31:40 »
My Typhoon took a turret critical on my AC/20. Does the "j A/C20" mean i need to spend time to unfowl it or am i SOL? There does not appear to be an option to correct this during combat (at least nothing that I've seen). Do i have to spend a round not shooting to unjam the weapon?
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Thom293

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2021, 21:10:29 »
It is my belief that you can only unjam RAC. Can't unjam an normal AC.

I ran into this issue with the enforcer that can jam its AC because of the ammo feed quirk.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2021, 21:35:51 »
so the "j" represents the "Weapon Destroyed (TW Pg. 195)" Critical Hit? What about "Weapon Malfunction"? I know that MM does that, as I've seen end round phases notes indicating that enemy units are clearing malfunction criticals.

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2021, 21:40:59 »
If the autocannon itself took a crit, you're hosed.

If it's actually only jammed due to the "weapon malfunction" crit, then there's a 'clear weapon jam' or similar looking button, but it only is available if the crew isn't stunned, and you can't be firing any other weapons during that turn.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 24 April 2021, 23:21:47 »
is that available during the attack phase? because i was looking (and parked without firing one round) but no option seemed available...

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 25 April 2021, 00:07:00 »
Yep, during the firing phase. If you have "jammed" weapons (which is not a very common occurrence) *and* your vehicle crew isn't stunned, you can use the "unjam weapon" button. See attached screenshot.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 25 April 2021, 07:18:29 »
THATS what i missed, TU. I was thinking the mini-display tab (because of other functions you do on that tab) but not the command tabs.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 25 April 2021, 14:14:23 »
Should this unjamming be an automatic action by the program?  If the unit has a jammed autocannon and the crew is capable of unjamming the autocannon, then the program should automatically try to clear the jam.  Just have a little pop-up or note saying "attempting to clear jam", followed by either "jam cleared, weapon is ready" or "still jammed"

I'm imagining someone with a company of RACzillas having to manually check each Mech to see if the guns are jammed and having to attempt to click the unjam attempt manually, vs the program at the start of each turn just attempting an unjam and reporting the results.

Unless there is some reason a player wouldn't want to attempt to unjam their weapons.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 25 April 2021, 14:58:38 »
Should this unjamming be an automatic action by the program?  If the unit has a jammed autocannon and the crew is capable of unjamming the autocannon, then the program should automatically try to clear the jam.  Just have a little pop-up or note saying "attempting to clear jam", followed by either "jam cleared, weapon is ready" or "still jammed"

I'm imagining someone with a company of RACzillas having to manually check each Mech to see if the guns are jammed and having to attempt to click the unjam attempt manually, vs the program at the start of each turn just attempting an unjam and reporting the results.

Unless there is some reason a player wouldn't want to attempt to unjam their weapons.

If you unjam that’s your shooting action, so it’s either clear all jams or shoot what else you have.  Plus you can’t run (I think) and maybe like dumping ammo you can’t get shot in the back.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Thom293

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 25 April 2021, 15:16:55 »

I'm 99% sure AI units do this already. I'm pretty sure I have seen torrent crews unjam their weapons.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #12 on: 26 April 2021, 09:41:02 »
If you unjam that’s your shooting action, so it’s either clear all jams or shoot what else you have.  Plus you can’t run (I think) and maybe like dumping ammo you can’t get shot in the back.

Just the can't run part. No worries about getting shot in the back other than for the normal reasons.  xp
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.