Author Topic: any way to edit "Show New Replies to your Posts"?  (Read 1411 times)

EDG

• Master Sergeant
any way to edit "Show New Replies to your Posts"?
« on: 14 September 2022, 15:40:28 »
When I post to a thread that then shows up in the list in the "Show new replies to your posts" link at the top. Is there any way to remove a thread from that list (or at least edit something in the comment so that it doesn't get put there whenever the thread is updated)? I don't necessarily want to be notified about every single thread I post a comment on...

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
Re: any way to edit "Show New Replies to your Posts"?
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2022, 18:56:47 »
Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, there's not.

EDG

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2022, 19:15:25 »
really? it's not possible to unsubscribe from a thread? I thought that'd be pretty basic functionality for forum software...

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #3 on: 14 September 2022, 22:57:46 »
There is no way on this forum, no. Think twice about posting an offhand comment if there's a chance you'll want nothing to do with the thread at some point. I've found myself in the same boat in the past.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

EDG

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 14 September 2022, 23:58:16 »
There is no way on this forum, no. Think twice about posting an offhand comment if there's a chance you'll want nothing to do with the thread at some point. I've found myself in the same boat in the past.

Very weird. Guess I'll have to do that then...

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2022, 02:57:59 »

Like me posting one comment in the first Star Trek thread on ~page 10, and getting notified about updates for the next 40 pages?

EDG

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2022, 08:12:00 »
Looks like there is a mod that could allow it (I guess would have to be implemented on the admin end), whether it works or not is another matter though...
https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=1193

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2022, 10:12:05 »
This forum has enough issues with raids from the 504th Shadow Division, I highly doubt something that "should" work would be installed here by the admins(who are far busier keeping this place running than they look).
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

EDG

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2022, 12:47:09 »
This forum has enough issues with raids from the 504th Shadow Division, I highly doubt something that "should" work would be installed here by the admins(who are far busier keeping this place running than they look).

Just pointing out that something is available and that it is theoretically possible to do something about it. Whether or not the admins want to implement that is up to them of course.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #9 on: 15 September 2022, 19:27:23 »
You won't be able to ignore individual topics, but I've set up the ability to ignore boards. Visit Profile -> Account Settings. On the left side, under Modify Profile you'll see Ignore Boards Options where you'll be able to select the boards you'd like to ignore. Select whatever you like. It's the best that can be done under the current circumstance. Hope it helps.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #10 on: 15 September 2022, 19:37:11 »
With that in place, is there any way to divorce the Hall from the RPG forum?  ???

Register