Author Topic: (Research) Blocked Firing Arcs in a Tractor/Trailer Chain  (Read 3186 times)

CVB

• Captain
(Research) Blocked Firing Arcs in a Tractor/Trailer Chain
« on: 01 September 2021, 07:21:33 »
Tech Manual, 4th printing, (c)2020, p. 107, Section "STEP 5: ADD WEAPONS, AMMUNITION AND OTHER EQUIPMENT", left column, 3rd paragraph
Tractor/Trailer units may not fire into any arc that would hit another unit in their “chain”. For instance, a Tractor with a rear-mounted hitch may not fire into its Rear arc while towing Trailers, and armed Trailers with hitches in both the front and back may not fire into either of those arcs if units are attached at both ends.

Does this also apply
  • to indirect fire weapons?
  • to turreted direct fire weapons firing over turretless units of the same size?
  • to turreted direct fire weapons firing over turreted or turretless units of smaller size (large over medium over small SV, superheavy over standard CV)?

Side note: the quoted paragraph is clearly a rule about combat, not construction. Wouldn't it be better placed in TW or TO:AR?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: 13 January 2022, 17:19:31 by Hammer »
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

CVB

• Captain
Re: Blocked Firing Arcs in a Tractor/Trailer Chain
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2022, 12:10:29 »
Friendly confirmation that I'm still interested in an answer.
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

CVB

• Captain
Re: (Research) Blocked Firing Arcs in a Tractor/Trailer Chain
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2022, 12:26:07 »
Polite quarterly bump
- David Drake

CVB

• Captain
Re: (Research) Blocked Firing Arcs in a Tractor/Trailer Chain
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2022, 12:49:46 »
Bump
- David Drake