Author Topic: Existing Warships in ilclan era?  (Read 4198 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Existing Warships in ilclan era?
« Reply #30 on: 06 November 2023, 07:14:18 »
It appears under the clan section in the TRO, so wouldn't that mean its just clan? otherwise wouldnt it be with the I and II at the end since there were no IS Lola IIIs for the era listed.
None, anything that was a Star League ship is with Clans.  The Inner Sphere didn't much access to them but oldest of ships.   Taurian Concordat had some Lola IIs.  TRO: 3057 Revised will list some ships.  Best source for Succession Wars era ships is the Field Reports 2750 Series, it series of PDFs which notes entire fleet prior to First Succession War breaking out per faction.   Additional ships were added, you can see in Field Manual: SLDF.  However, I recall correctly no Lola IIIs were ever added to Inner Sphere Houses.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #31 on: 06 November 2023, 10:53:10 »
It appears under the clan section in the TRO, so wouldn't that mean its just clan? otherwise wouldnt it be with the I and II at the end since there were no IS Lola IIIs for the era listed.

No, because that section provides stats for both Clan and IS tech versions of those ships. Going from memory, only the Fredasa, Liberator, and Nightlord are purely Clan.

Also, the Devs have made it very clear that the 3057 art does NOT depict solely Clan vessels, but both Clan and Star League ships can have that look.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #32 on: 06 November 2023, 11:41:45 »
However, I recall correctly no Lola IIIs were ever added to Inner Sphere Houses.
Correct, they have "decommissioned" ships, but the Lola-III was still the current destroyer, along with the Essex-II, so I don't think either of them make it to the Houses.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #33 on: 11 November 2023, 18:41:35 »
Also, wouldn't the ilClan have the last SLDF known report from when the SLDF/RWR fight somewhere?

Would be an easy thing to have, finding any of course is the challenge, what the R-Teams of the Outward Alliance are searching their neck of the woods...  :wink:

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #34 on: 12 November 2023, 00:25:02 »
Also, wouldn't the ilClan have the last SLDF known report from when the SLDF/RWR fight somewhere?

Would be an easy thing to have, finding any of course is the challenge, what the R-Teams of the Outward Alliance are searching their neck of the woods...  :wink:

TT

Sure... but the SLDF data index was terrible... the iLClan researchers have located the Boot depository, the Kanga axle stockpile, and the expired MREs but they haven't found the right search string for "WarShips lost in the Territorial States".
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 12 November 2023, 02:27:35 »
Sure... but the SLDF data index was terrible... the iLClan researchers have located the Boot depository, the Kanga axle stockpile, and the expired MREs but they haven't found the right search string for "WarShips lost in the Territorial States".
That Search String led to "caution, item not in inventory, please deposit your right arm and first born for the location nearest you where you'll find your pile of radioactive razor blades"

followed by a laughing skull, because everyone knows the most effective viruses in science fictio come with a laughing skull.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 14 November 2023, 17:55:00 »
Wars of Reaving shows the Goliath Scorpion Fleet (IDR offhand if any of the subsequent Scorpion Empire products update this).

Per Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade, the Scorpions had all three WarShips still in service as of 3140, yet decided to keep them at home for the duration of that conflict.

Since then, the Advanced Aerospace section of the IlClan Era Scorpion Empire MUL listings has entries for all three classes of WarShip included.

Register