Author Topic: Kickstarter Issue: where to go for help?  (Read 572 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Kickstarter Issue: where to go for help?
« on: 16 March 2024, 17:52:37 »
I’m bad at searching for the right answers. Been searching the last hour and can’t find a place to answer my question.

I’ve got issues with my Kickstarter Pledge/Order including shipping address (which it doesn’t seem updated and I can’t find where to fix it) as well as issues with my order itself (I swear that I had different items picked but now it shows Salvage Boxes where Force Packs should be, extra Salvage Boxes, and then missing one or two Force Packs).

Who do I contact in an attempt to get these things fixed, resolved, adjusted, or clarified?

Any help is appreciated thanks!

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Re: Kickstarter Issue: where to go for help?
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2024, 18:40:08 »
It might be a bit late for changes. I think we are still on track for an April delivery.

The KS credit was given by the CGL customer service email person. You could try them but who knows, cause it will be a monetary difference I’d guess also.

I don’t think we have done a final update on shipping address, or paid the shipping.
« Last Edit: 16 March 2024, 18:42:00 by Kerfuffin(925) »
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2024, 18:41:41 »
It might be a bit late for changes. I think we are still on track for an April delivery.

The KS credit was given by the CGL customer service email person. You could try them but who knows.

Last I heard, Catalyst was hoping for a June delivery, and you'll be given a chance to update your address when you're contacted for shipping payment.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2024, 19:46:03 »
I’m bad at searching for the right answers. Been searching the last hour and can’t find a place to answer my question.

I’ve got issues with my Kickstarter Pledge/Order including shipping address (which it doesn’t seem updated and I can’t find where to fix it) as well as issues with my order itself (I swear that I had different items picked but now it shows Salvage Boxes where Force Packs should be, extra Salvage Boxes, and then missing one or two Force Packs).

Who do I contact in an attempt to get these things fixed, resolved, adjusted, or clarified?

Any help is appreciated thanks!

check your old e-mail for the receipts they sent you after your pledge.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2024, 21:49:15 »
Last I heard, Catalyst was hoping for a June delivery…

Yep. Rem mentioned that in the first Tuesday Newsday and a few other times since IIRC.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2024, 23:58:33 »

The KS credit was given by the CGL customer service email person. You could try them but who knows, cause it will be a monetary difference I’d guess also.

I don’t think we have done a final update on shipping address, or paid the shipping.

April Delivery has never been the planed date.  It has always been june

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 17 March 2024, 00:26:32 »
April Delivery has never been the planed date.  It has always been june

April, or even March, was hoped for due to how quickly everything was sizing up, but certain events in the world over the last couple months have made that expectation impossible, so that's why it has been said for June since the first news week.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #7 on: 17 March 2024, 00:42:14 »
April, or even March, was hoped for due to how quickly everything was sizing up, but certain events in the world over the last couple months have made that expectation impossible, so that's why it has been said for June since the first news week.

The campaign was planned for June delivery. Every pledge level listed "June 2024" as the target month. Yes, CGL were briefly aspirational about faster fulfilment, but it went out the window when the campaign's supporters responded with overwhelming positivity towards additional, physical stretch goals.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 17 March 2024, 10:13:24 »
The campaign was planned for June delivery. Every pledge level listed "June 2024" as the target month. Yes, CGL were briefly aspirational about faster fulfilment, but it went out the window when the campaign's supporters responded with overwhelming positivity towards additional, physical stretch goals.

If by "briefly", you mean the vast majority of the time up until the last month or two since the Kickstarter ended, then yeah.

And no, they were optimistic for December when they started the KS, when they realized the response, their expectations were for about March. 

It wasn't until the two biggest canals for international shipping started having problems getting anything through that these hopes were dashed.
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 17 March 2024, 13:01:28 »
I believe problems with the pledge manager may have also played a part in not allowing an earlier fulfillment.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 17 March 2024, 14:58:14 »

No people herd Spring and started thinking March and April.  Not realizing until about June 20th it is still spring.  All this hope has been fans just guessing.  It is what it is.   I honestly don't expect it to have shipped in June either.  Like every single Kickstarter CGL has done and Most Kickstarters in General I still expect it to be late.  How late? is the question I don't have the answer too.

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 17 March 2024, 15:59:56 »
No people herd Spring and started thinking March and April.  Not realizing until about June 20th it is still spring.  All this hope has been fans just guessing.  It is what it is.   I honestly don't expect it to have shipped in June either.  Like every single Kickstarter CGL has done and Most Kickstarters in General I still expect it to be late.  How late? is the question I don't have the answer too.

Spring means different things for different people.  What people usually call "Spring" I get in February and early March, and what they call summer, I blow through by the middle of May at the latest (usually end of April).  From there till late October they usually call "Where the Devil won't even live". 

The words "still expect to get it out early" was said along with "Spring", not "still get it out in time in June".  So, June didn't really factor in to that concept, either.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 17 March 2024, 18:37:44 »
Spring means different things for different people.  What people usually call "Spring" I get in February and early March, and what they call summer, I blow through by the middle of May at the latest (usually end of April).  From there till late October they usually call "Where the Devil won't even live". 

The words "still expect to get it out early" was said along with "Spring", not "still get it out in time in June".  So, June didn't really factor in to that concept, either.

Spring has a defined period of time.  So saying "spring means different things for different people." while a true statement for were there mind is.  Doesn't change the reality that Spring has a set defined time in the calender.

And honestly anyone that belives a company that has been late on every Kickstarter it has ever done is going to magicly get one out early is setting themself up to be disappointed.   

Ghaz

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 17 March 2024, 19:35:35 »
Before this discussion of what is Spring gets cut for bring off topic, there's two general definitions for Spring.  The most common is Astronomical Spring, with the astronomical vernal equinox (varying between 19 and 21 March) can be taken to mark the first day of spring with the summer solstice (around 21 June) marked as first day of summer.  The there's Meteorological Spring where each season is three months long, with summer being the three warmest months and winter being the three coldest, with spring and autumn being in the intervening gaps.  Traditionally it's the Astronomical Seasons that's found on most calendars and what most people are using for their seasons.
« Last Edit: 17 March 2024, 19:37:56 by Ghaz »

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 17 March 2024, 22:24:09 »
Spring has a defined period of time.  So saying "spring means different things for different people." while a true statement for were there mind is.  Doesn't change the reality that Spring has a set defined time in the calender.

And "Daylight Savings Time saves an hour a day".  Just because someone calls it something by fiat, doesn't necessarily make it so.  Nobody who comes from a place that gets snow calls what we have at the end of April "Spring".  It's actually a common joke around here.

And honestly anyone that belives a company that has been late on every Kickstarter it has ever done is going to magicly get one out early is setting themself up to be disappointed.

Well, considering what happened with the last Battletech Kickstarter was unanticipated, and this one is having similarly unanticipated problems, that's a pretty uninformed statement.