Author Topic: Star League Command Lance Record Sheets  (Read 987 times)

kaze100

• Recruit
Star League Command Lance Record Sheets
« on: 06 July 2024, 08:44:57 »
Hello all,

I recently picked up the Start League Command Lance.  The back of the box states to download the Record sheets from the downloads portion of this site, but I don't see it available.  I see all the other force packs and boxes, but not this one.  Is there a possible date these will be added?

Thanks!

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
Re: Star League Command Lance Record Sheets
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2024, 09:28:46 »
No date has been announced for the posting of the record sheets, for past releases it has ranged from a few weeks before the pack came out to close to a year after it was on store shelves.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2024, 10:10:43 »
Another wrinkle is that there's a project afoot to move all the TW record sheets to the MUL, and so once that's done it'd make the posting of the record sheets on this site redundant.

mechasaurus

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 11 July 2024, 14:22:43 »
Another wrinkle is that there's a project afoot to move all the TW record sheets to the MUL, and so once that's done it'd make the posting of the record sheets on this site redundant.

Like, the legit, Catalyst-branded record sheets?  In the current format, with the Chevron A and everything?  Will it be one click to download like the AS cards are now?  What's the timeline on that?

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2024, 15:07:53 »
Yup, official record sheets just like the AS Cards.

Timeline is Soon.TM

But seriously, they talked about it on an AMA on the Discord server a month or so ago, and it seemed like it was pretty far along but still had some work to do before it was ready for public release.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2024, 15:08:45 »
The new site is under development. There is not a known ETA as of now.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 11 July 2024, 15:16:19 »
SoonTM enough that it seems they're not worrying about the security license for the current site, but apparently not SoonTM enough that they're doing beta.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Gray_Noton_4lfe

• Sergeant
  • Unless to other People
« Reply #7 on: 11 July 2024, 18:17:09 »

will there be record sheets for all units or just forcepack and boxed 'mechs?
Corporal: Were under attack general.
General: who's attacking?
Corporal: Those 25 Urbanmech Mechwarriors you offended last week on Solaris.
General: That's....unfortunate. Could you remind me what I said to offend them?
Corporal: You said their Urbanmechs look like Locust-1Vs Sir.
General: ahh... I remember now.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #8 on: 11 July 2024, 18:26:30 »
As many as possible. I don’t know where we’re at with niche stuff like large naval vessels

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #9 on: 11 July 2024, 18:42:36 »

Personally, I'd rather look HERE for any record sheets than on a site I never go to, because I have no use for it.   :undecided:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

[spoiler]Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here![/spoiler]

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #10 on: 11 July 2024, 18:48:54 »
It will mean errata, updates, and new sheets will be pushed much faster than waiting for them to go through layout. As an added benefit, Dak will have more time to do work on product that’s in the pipeline.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 11 July 2024, 19:07:45 »
Personally, I'd rather look HERE for any record sheets than on a site I never go to, because I have no use for it.   :undecided:

If you want record sheets and record sheets are on the MUL, then you would by definition have a use for the MUL.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 11 July 2024, 19:16:56 »
I'll probably still use MML and Solaris SkunkWerks because they add that convenient reference chart on the side, and notations on the bottom.  Great for new players, or people who need a refresher on those spots they haven't memorized (like the 7 cluster Chart).

Also it's been convenient to set up for our campaign mechs so I can save copies with their named version so the GM can keep track as to what needs to be repairs.  I also have a set up so that the empty "hud" space pulls up the pilots SPAs and quick notes on their use.
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #13 on: 11 July 2024, 20:29:36 »
As many as possible. I don’t know where we’re at with niche stuff like large naval vessels

Pweeease no abridging this resource? It's bad enough that most of the Unabridged products are abridged, but if this is gonna be the only source of official sheets...
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #14 on: 11 July 2024, 20:31:17 »
That’s a tech problem so it’s not my problem, sorry. If MML can do the sheets, it’s at least possible
« Last Edit: 11 July 2024, 20:33:06 by Sartris »

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 11 July 2024, 20:32:53 »
Though, I have to say, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Royal Orion is equipped.  I think there's some rather obvious upgrades, based on the Alpha Strike card, but it never hurts to be sure.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #16 on: 11 July 2024, 21:49:29 »
That’s a tech problem so it’s not my problem, sorry. If MML can do the sheets, it’s at least possible

If the tech can't do it the tech can't do it, I understand.

I just hope this will help things that don't have modern sheets like the Monitor and Neptune, bad sheets with major errors like the Ahab-663 and Poignard-Y3, or no sheets at all but almost certainly have stat blocks somewhere like the Brünel(AC/20) or everything in TRO VA's Armed and Dangerous chapter.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

paladin2019

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #17 on: 11 July 2024, 22:38:36 »
As long as nüMUL can account for TAG and C3 taxes, it's good.
<-- first 'mech I drove as a Robotech destroid pilot way back when

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: 18 July 2024, 07:26:12 »

Personally the MUL, the download section on the BT site is past showing its age, shall we say, and really frankly should link to an FTP, with everything in a nice tree, with dates and versioning and automated uploading that does all the tree's and dates and versioning and allows users to scrape the FTP site for updated files, the less time people are working on updates to the site, the more time they have for other more important things like having fun and family and i suppose work, if/when it's fun.
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #19 on: 18 July 2024, 08:26:09 »
I hope the record sheets come out, and the Urbie LAM record sheets.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass