Author Topic: What are the books for mechwarrior rpg  (Read 3133 times)

hellghost

• Recruit
What are the books for mechwarrior rpg
« on: 13 August 2011, 10:38:44 »
Hello can you give me a list of all books that exist for the battletech rpg ? (principaly for the third edition)

Cannon_Fodder

• Warrant Officer
  • Dream of freedom from the 2d6 bell curve.
Re: What are the books for mechwarrior rpg
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2011, 07:50:22 »
MechWarrior 3rd also called Classic BattleTech RPG is the out of date 2d10 version of the RPG. Here is a small list of other books that support that out of date rule set.

*Classic BattleTech: Companion
*LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide
MechWarrior's Guide to Solaris VII
MechWarrior's Guide to the Clans
Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised

*These are probably the most useful to have. The Companion has a points buy system for character creation. LosTech is armor, weapons and gear.

Our group is playing the current rule set A Time of War which reverted to 2d6. However we converted it back to 2d10.
« Last Edit: 24 August 2011, 07:53:36 by Cannon_Fodder »

Avatar by ShadowRaven  Sig banner by HikageMaru

hellghost

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2011, 10:52:50 »
Okey.How did you do the conversion on 2d6 at 2d10 ?? and for the caracs ?

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2011, 12:50:02 »
According to some rumors from GenCon there might be a companion book to help with conversions of characters.
Stats wise they're similiar to the current ones except for SOC, ATOW doesn't use that.
The skills were asked about once to TPTB in the Rules Questions part of this board and I think the traits were talked about as well.

Of course there's also the possibility that fans like the challenge of making their own homebrew conversions before something official comes out.
I know I have a few being stewed up but I've been so busy that compiling them is another matter.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.