Author Topic: Game modes  (Read 2049 times)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
Game modes
« on: 01 July 2011, 20:27:32 »
So iv been trying to come up with ideas for how to run capture the flag and other game types to play in megamek. I have a few ideas but i would like to hear from you guys  :)
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
Re: Game modes
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2011, 13:13:02 »
I think my favorite way to play capture the flag is with a Mobile HQ's on the map.

The Mobile HQ when done right, has a bonus to init. So each side has their mobile HQ on the mapboard to the rear. If the other side can destroy or "Capture this Flag" and still defend their own Mobile HQ, then they gain the edge on init.  Requires good coordination of attacking and defending forces and more of a strategic twist to the game.

-Mek
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

TriplerSDMB

• Corporal
  • I ♥ C4
Re: Game modes
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2011, 10:08:56 »
[Edited--This is MegaMek, not the tabletop forum]
« Last Edit: 29 August 2011, 10:16:45 by TriplerSDMB »
DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and ideas put forth in this communication are sole property of the voices in my head. ©1998-2023 - 'The Voices' (TM). All rights reserved.