Author Topic: Clint IIC 2  (Read 1585 times)

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
Clint IIC 2
« on: 23 December 2011, 11:23:05 »
I don't see why anyone would make this mech canon...

6/9/8 with full armor, ECM, and mounting nothing other than 5 MPL's is munchkin to the max???

Bad enough that I think IJJ's should have stayed advanced tech (Maxtech as an option). Anyone who build enough mechs with IJJ's would have known this...

But with so many people complaining about munchkin mechs and how they affect game balance...

how the heck did this mech make it through to canon?

I just had a game with a few old friends, and they both brought a couple Clint IIC's into the battle...

If mechs like this are made into canon, the unbalancing will make it impossible for most full custom mechs to stand a chance against them.

-Mek
« Last Edit: 23 December 2011, 11:34:01 by McSlayer »
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
Re: Clint IIC 2
« Reply #1 on: 23 December 2011, 14:34:44 »
Hello,

Every once in a while, one will find an optimized design in all of the units we produce. Examples in the past include the original Goshawk, and the Mad Cat Prime when introduced to battle Inner Sphere designs. After all, nowhere is it written that the canon designs must always be inferior to anything a customizer creates.

Thank you,

- Herbert Beas
  BattleTech
  Catalyst Game Labs

Register