Author Topic: Missing or Incorrect Units  (Read 35899 times)

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
Re: Missing or Incorrect Units
« Reply #180 on: 14 October 2011, 11:01:22 »
We have no official dates for them... will have to think about it.

Thought this might help:  P. 287 of the Tech Manual says that all infantry are either pre-space flight or early space flight.  It then defines pre-space flight as before 1950 and early space flight as 1950-2200.  Hopefully this will help.

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #181 on: 22 October 2011, 18:43:14 »
INTRO DATE ERRORS:
Mackie MSK-5S: Intro is 2449.  Should be 2439 per Era Digest: Age of War p. 5 under the heading THE NEW KNIGHTS.
Estevez MBT: Intro is 0.  Should be early 2300s per Era Digest: Age of War p. 24.

MISSING UNITS:
Marsden I Main Battle Tank: Era Digest: Age of War p. 23.
Hector HOR-1B: Era Digest: Age of War p. 26.
Firebird FR-1: Era Digest: Age of War p. 27.
Hipparch Cavalry Tank: Historical: Reunification War p. 205.
Dragonfly MM-1: Historical: Reunification War p. 206.
Talos TLS-1B: Historical: Reunification War p. 208.
Alfar AL-A1: Historical: Reunification War p. 209.
Tiger Medium Tank T-12: Historical: Reunification War p. 211.
Gallant Urban Assault Tank: Historical: Reunification War p. 213.
Wayland Mobile Base: Historical: Reunification War p. 215.
Drost IIA: Historical: Reunification War p. 217.
Jumbo Class Dropship: Historical: Reunification War p. 217.
Concordat (Frigate): Historical: Reunification War p. 218.
New Syrtis (Carrier): Historical: Reunification War p. 221.
Dreadnought (Battleship): Historical: Reunification War p. 222.

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #182 on: 23 October 2011, 10:46:14 »
MISSING UNITS

Wheeled APC (Primitive): p. 9 XTRO Primitives.
Hover APC (Primitive): p. 9 XTRO Primitives.
Tracked APC (Primitive): p. 10 XTRO Primitives.
Stoat Scout Car: p. 11 XTRO Primitives.
Sand Devil Hovertank: p. 12 XTRO Primitives.
Merkava MkVI Heavy Tank: p. 13 XTRO Primitives.
Hurican Conventional Fighter: p. 14 XTRO Primitives.
Vulcan VLC-3N: p. 15 XTRO Primitives.
Aquila Class Jumpship: p. 16 XTRO Primitives.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #183 on: 24 October 2011, 03:53:41 »
I have to catch up with moratorium periods, will try to do so in the next couple of days.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #184 on: 24 October 2011, 05:17:16 »
I have to catch up with moratorium periods, will try to do so in the next couple of days.

Thank you.

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #185 on: 24 October 2011, 21:42:37 »
This is a list of units from version megamek-0.35.25-windows that are listed twice (the exact opposite of missing units).  I have noted the differences where there were any (some appear to be identical).  I went through all inner sphere units (didn't do clans yet, doing the i.s. made me go cross-eyed).  I hope this will prove helpful.

UNITS LISTED TWICE
Inner Sphere 'Mechs
Light
Mongoose MON-68: This unit is listed twice with 2 different BV's, intro dates, tech levels, and C-bill costs.  The units themselves are completely different but use the same designation.
Spider SDR-7K: This unit is listed twice and both are identical except for the intro year, C-bill cost, BV, and the 3132 version has 1 more point of armor on the center torso rear than the 3067 version.
Spider SDR-7K2: This unit is listed twice and both are identical except for the intro year, C-bill cost, BV,  and the 3132 version has 1 more point of armor on the center torso and 1 more jump movement point than the 3067 version.
Sokuryou SKU-198 SurveyMech: This unit is listed twice and both appear to be identical.

Medium
Enforcer III ENF-6T: This unit is listed twice.  Both versions have the same intro date.  The only difference seems to be that one of them has +4 armor on the right and left leg with increased BV and C-bill cost.
Kyudo KY2-D-01: This unit is listed twice and both appear to be identical.

Heavy
Barghest BGS-3T: This unit is listed twice and both versions appear to be identical.
Lancelot LNC25-05: This unit is listed twice.  One has 11 heat sinks w/ 2 lg. lasers, 4 MG's, and 1 PPC.  The other has 10 heat sinks w/ 2 lg. lasers, 6 MG's, and 1 PPC.

Assault
Cyclops CP-10-HQ: This unit is listed twice.  The 3025 version has extra LRM 10 ammo.  The 3003 version is tech level 4, has 1 less LRM 10 ammo, and a collapsible command module.

Inner Sphere Vehicles
Light
Harasser Missile Platform Leaping Lisa: There are two versions of this unit which appear to be identical in all ways except tech level.
Saladin Assault Hover Tank (no model): There are two versions of this unit one has a standard engine and one has an ICE engine.

Medium
Drillson Heavy Hover Tank (Streak): There are two versions of this unit-one has extra SRM 2 ammo.

Assault
Ontos Heavy Tank (3053 upgrade): This unit is listed twice but they are completely different.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #186 on: 25 October 2011, 00:40:32 »
I have already fixed a few of those.
Mongoose is a problem caused by CGL since currently two units with this designation exist, nothing we can do about it. Will take a look at the other ones later.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

mnmib1

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #187 on: 14 November 2011, 05:35:57 »
I have already fixed a few of those.
Mongoose is a problem caused by CGL since currently two units with this designation exist, nothing we can do about it. Will take a look at the other ones later.

Thanks.

I have posted 2 new RAT's to https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=47079&atid=473782.  Is this the correct location?

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #188 on: 19 December 2011, 18:58:15 »
Marksman (Light PPC) is incorrectly marked as using ferro-fibrous armor.  Based on my reconstruction of the design, it should be 7.5 tons of light ferro-fibrous.

Styker

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #189 on: 03 January 2012, 13:18:06 »
I recently looked through Field Manual: Terran Republic 2785 and realized none of the units from it were in MM.

'Mechs: Prowler PRW-1LR, Bulwark BLK-1, Assassin ASN-22 (record sheets), Javelin JVN-11N (record sheets - note MM currently calls the JVN-11N a 3058 'mech, the Fire Javelin), Marauder MAD-3Q (record sheets), Marauder MAD-4R (record sheets), Thug THG-12A (record sheets), .
Vehicles: Coblitz Main Battle Tank.
DropShips: Anchorage.
WarShips: Genesis class Corvette, Bainbridge class Destroyer, Sovremenyy class Battlecruiser, Hegemony class Battlecruiser.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #190 on: 03 January 2012, 13:34:31 »
I recently looked through Field Manual: Terran Republic 2785 and realized none of the units from it were in MM.
Isn't that a fan made product? If that's the case, they would, at best, be in the "unofficial" file. That doesn't stop you from making and sharing out the data files with the folks you play with.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #191 on: 21 January 2012, 14:17:35 »
Crosscut LoggerMech ED-X2 (Flamer) Shows up as crippled in the lobby and when deployed.
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

A. Lurker

• Major
« Reply #192 on: 21 January 2012, 16:45:42 »
Crosscut LoggerMech ED-X2 (Flamer) Shows up as crippled in the lobby and when deployed.

Part of the problem may be that the Forced Withdrawal rules define a non-infantry unit as "crippled" when all its weapons are destroyed, which is in turn defined as "no longer having weapons able to reach out beyond five hexes and not being able to inflict more than 5 points of combined weapons damage" (TW p. 258, somewhat paraphrased). That means that something like that LoggerMech, which only has one weapon capable of inflicting 2 damage out to a maximum range of 3 to begin with, technically does start "crippled" and forced to withdraw right out of the box...

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #193 on: 29 January 2012, 02:39:07 »
Gladiator 4R listed under non-box set rules. All its equipment is Intro.
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

Demos

• Captain
« Reply #194 on: 29 January 2012, 03:13:51 »
Protector Combat Support Fighter ASF-23 uses the generic fighter icon.
As it is identical to Bluehawk Combat Support Fighter MSF-42 it could this image, too. 
"WoB - Seekers of Serenity, Protectors of Human Purity, Enforcers of Blake's Will!"

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #195 on: 29 January 2012, 13:31:02 »
The standard Rhino Fire Support Tank is listed as non-boxed set, but uses only intro components - same as the Gladiator mentioned above.

The Devastator Heavy Tank uses what looks like the AlacornĀ“s image.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Register