Author Topic: Cheap and easy container buildings  (Read 2468 times)

Zaofan

• Corporal
    • My battletech site
Cheap and easy container buildings
« on: 25 February 2014, 23:27:34 »
I was inspired to do this from an old post here on the forums. I saved several plastic containers from various foods, this one is a tofu container I sprayed flat grey, then dusted with white and flat black to make it look like concrete. I then painted the black doors and used another clear container to make the windows by painting them blue then spraying white. Cut and Glued on the windows and gave them a little streak of white to make them look like glass. Very cheap and easy way to make a city. Now that I figured out my methods, gonna make a while city, and hopefully less little paint chips and glue mishaps. Its probably more full-terrain scale than map scale as you can see.

Remove

• Master Sergeant
Re: Cheap and easy container buildings
« Reply #1 on: 25 February 2014, 23:42:19 »
That looks great!

Just paint anything with a primer coat. It will really open up your mind to possibilities. I just ran 2 bean dip cans in the last load of the dishwasher. The cans have a great "futuristic" silo look to them and will be a part of my next terrain build.

Watching old sci-fi flicks with all the scale building in them does not hurt the creativity either.  8)

krate

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2014, 23:39:15 »
Great Idea! Thank you for sharing.  O0

john blackwell

• Lieutenant
  • putting on a happy face
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2014, 05:45:11 »
Baby food containers are great for buildings too.

You can get two for $1 in the store.

JB
One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off
Pro pacis par vox excellens

RABIDFOX50

• Warrant Officer
  • 1507 Strike RCT
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2014, 08:14:36 »
Coffee cans and Pringles cans are great too. Heck, any canned food cans are great for storage tanks or a tank farm setup.
Battletech collector/player since 1987
Toss a coin to your Witcher, oh valley of plenty!
Listen! Do you smell that?

Register