Author Topic: MW4 Mercs Soundtrack  (Read 3210 times)

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
MW4 Mercs Soundtrack
« on: 05 December 2012, 09:50:01 »
So I have found the MW4 Mercs soundtrack on a commonly used Battletech site.  But I am wondering about the legality of grabbing it.  Does anyone know if it up for grabs?

elf25s

• Major
Re: MW4 Mercs Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2012, 11:55:21 »
so why not look thriough your own mech 4 folders?
you own the game you own the music...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2012, 12:17:32 »
The music files are not directly included, and you can't find them.  Also, they sold it at one point in time, and that lets me believe that it might not be legit...

dddddddd207

• Private
« Reply #3 on: 13 December 2012, 21:24:45 »
They sold the game at one time too, but it's free now. I'd say that everything you can get from the download is yours.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2012, 22:08:03 »
They sold the game at one time too, but it's free now. I'd say that everything you can get from the download is yours.

Not correct. Microsoft released the source code to the MW4 programs, as I recall, but did not release the soundtrack. I know it was released as a commercial CD by Varese Sarabande (I have one). So the soundtrack is definitely not legitimately available.

Worktroll, Administrator
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Werewolf

• Sergeant
  • CWN ANNWN
    • Thomas S. Wolf - Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2013, 15:50:52 »
Not correct. Microsoft released the source code to the MW4 programs, as I recall, but did not release the soundtrack. I know it was released as a commercial CD by Varese Sarabande (I have one). So the soundtrack is definitely not legitimately available.

Worktroll, Administrator

Hadn't that been the OST to MW4:Vengeance by Duane Decker?

Haven't heard of a seperate OST to MW4: Mercs myself...
Cpt. Samoth Ze'ev
Unit: CŴN ANNWN, Spectre Company, Command Lance
'Mech: PKP-!A Peacekeeper

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2013, 16:00:01 »
It's got tracks from Veangence and Mercenaries, as I recall - checking the track listing, "Stutter Shark", "Steiner Defeat" and "Davion Theme" are definitely from Mercs.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2013, 12:42:17 »
Actually, I think they rehashed.  I know that Hunter is definitely from Mercs, and that one definitely wasn't in Vengeance.  Also, Mercs was by cornboy, Veagence was by Duane Decker.

dddddddd207

• Private
« Reply #8 on: 19 February 2013, 20:07:11 »
I just saw it for download from Microsoft's site, but less than two weeks ago, Microsoft finally pulled MW4's page from their site. I do remember seeing it, though.