Author Topic: Resin Hex Terrain and Buildings for sale on IWM store  (Read 3656 times)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Resin Hex Terrain and Buildings for sale on IWM store
« on: 15 September 2013, 16:08:42 »
The resin Hex Terrain and new buildings that premiered during the summer Cons are now available for sale on the webstore. I have a few images to get up in the coming week.

See the Announcement for more details.

SteelWarrior

• Lieutenant
    • SteelWarrior Battletech
Re: Resin Hex Terrain and Buildings for sale on IWM store
« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2013, 01:56:13 »
Any pics of the full line, specifically the office buildings?  Very interested
Check out my Battletech Youtube Channel at:

SteelWarrior Battletech
https://www.youtube.com/user/SteelWarriorBT

For Video Battle Reports/Hobby Tutorials/Product Reviews

gooseman

• CDT Miniatures XO
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2013, 12:53:26 »
Single hexes have lots of infantry base potential!
Daoshen Liao: Wrong! Xavier! What is best in life?
Xavier McCarron: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Soutek

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2013, 21:51:04 »
With the Building set, does this include the nine buildings listed? How many buildings are in the set?

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2013, 00:09:07 »
They need to change the wording of the listing, since they were selling the "Set" before they made the newest buildings.  It's supposed to consist of one each of the following: SFB-001 Communication Building, SFB-002 Factory, SFB-003 Laboratories, SFB-004 Warehouse, and SFB-005 Small Factory.  Maybe they need to make "Building Set 2", which would include just the 4 newest buildings, and/or "Building Set 3", which would include all 9 buildings?   ???

The current "Building Set" is $59.95, though individually they add up to $68.75, so you save almost $10.00 by buying the set.  Adding the 4 new buildings to the current "Set" brings it up to $108.80, so maybe "Set 3" would sell for $99.95? They could maybe sell "Set 2" for $39.95 (currently $48.80 individually) ?
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2013, 00:17:24 »
Do the newer buildings actually fit on hexes, where you can, say, put a 'mech on top of the building?
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2013, 04:02:29 »
Do the newer buildings actually fit on hexes, where you can, say, put a 'mech on top of the building?

The 3 office buildings are all flat-topped, while the other 5 are Mostly flat, with a few spots that would make it difficult for a mini to stand on them. The "Small Tower Single Hex" looks like it should support a mini, but I don't personally own one, so I can't say for sure. I think at worst you'd have some overhang from the mini's base. The Small Office Building is about 1 & 3/4 inches wide and 2 & 15/16th inches long, by 1 & 3/4 inches tall, so it's roughly 2 "hexes" wide by a little over 2 hexes long. It sticks into the 3rd hex by about 1/4 of an inch, if you place it so one end is against the line of one hex on the other end.

The Medium Office Building is 2 & 1/4 inches by 2 & 1/4 inches by 1 & 1/2 inches tall, so roughly 2 & 1/2 hexes by 2 & 1/2 hexes. You could snug a Savannah Master or some other small vee up next to it, but not a 'Mech or VTOL. The Large Office Building is roughly "L" shaped and is 4 inches by 4 inches (at the widest points) by 1 & 1/4 inches tall. (Please see Extremely Crude diagram below.  ;D) The "Inside Area" is 1 & 1/2 inches by 1 & 1/2 inches, and the building could be placed so as to leave room for a 'Mech in that area.

_________
                       I               I
     Inside         I               I
      Area          I               I
                       I               I
 ____________I               I
I                                     /
I                                    /
I                                   /
I                                  /
I__________________/

Sure, I COULD take pictures, but with my slow dialup (currently connected at 16.8Kbps), I don't have the patience to wait 30+ minutes to upload a single picture, much less 3 of them.  #P
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

SteelWarrior

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2013, 01:26:52 »
Anyone else able to snap some pics?

SteelWarrior Battletech

jrvk777

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 15 October 2013, 16:48:13 »
Does anyone have a pic of the Communications building with a radar dish? (either scratch built or obtained from another source).

Just wanted to see how it looks like with one.... Would be nice if it also had a mech beside it for scale.

Thanks. :)

SteelWarrior

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 15 October 2013, 22:19:07 »

SteelWarrior Battletech