Author Topic: Most Overrated Mech?  (Read 48434 times)

theothersarah

• Warrant Officer
  • Girls just wanna have fun
Re: Most Overrated Mech?
« Reply #240 on: 10 December 2013, 22:34:56 »
More crits are " Padding " for when it does take a crit .

Would you rather take a critical hit in a location with ammo
and 5 heat sinks , or a location that has nothing but ammo in it ?

20 rounds worth of AC ammo takes a  long time to use up .

I'm not really sure where I may have suggested that it have less armor .   :o

Why do you use spaces around all your punctuation?

(I'm not trying to argue against you or anything it just strikes me as weird every time I see your posts.)

Akalabeth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #241 on: 11 December 2013, 03:31:37 »
Not everyone plays with floating crits, and when it was released Infernos only added 6 heat per turn.

You don't need floating crits to get TAC on the side torsos

theothersarah

• Warrant Officer
  • Girls just wanna have fun
« Reply #242 on: 11 December 2013, 05:34:19 »
You don't need floating crits to get TAC on the side torsos

TACs are even more powerful without the floating rules. Aside from the much higher chance to gyro a 'mech from a front hit, attacking from the sides is worth it for the chance to hit ammo in a lot of 'mechs - even more so in intro play due to all the 'mechs with a single slot of ammo and nothing else in a side.

MistWolf

• Master Sergeant
  • Have Gauss, Will Travel
« Reply #243 on: 11 December 2013, 11:04:23 »
In regards to the Atlas 7D- I say it's over rated because players spoke of it in fear and awe and the fluff talked about how the skull shaped cockpit was made to inspire fear and how powerful it was on the battlefield. They made sound like it could crush everything on the board, that it would leave piles of wrecked mechs in it's wake. It was touted as a game changer. Instead, I found it no more fearsome than any other mech and that was against mechs of the same tech level. That, by definition, is over rated. That doesn't mean it's a bad mech. I don't use the Atlas because a big, slow, short range mech doesn't fit my style
Obviously jumping into close proximity of a supernova is not going to be good for your warranty

"House Davion, soon after its inception, established itself as a force for freedom in the Inner Sphere. Again, though, this is a relative term. House Davion does not support the Communist, hippie, let’s-all-take-care-of-each-other kind of freedom. No. They have always worked more along the lines of the we-will-occasionally-need-to-invade-your-nation-because-you-don’t-strike-us-as-freedom-loving-enough kind of freedom. To their credit, House Davion leaders occasionally mention the concept of “freedom” as a positive thing, which puts them a ways ahead of peer, say, House Liao and House Kurita" -Battlerun- Best Ever