Author Topic: (Answered) Rules & Skills needed to break into a Mech and control it  (Read 2398 times)

Dr Dodo

• Private
I remember reading something about how a mechwarrior could break into a mech and override the security protocols to take control of a mech. If anyone which book(s) and page numbers it would save what little sanity I have :o
« Last Edit: 18 June 2013, 17:04:40 by Paul »
The Doctor IV: You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering.

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: Rules & Skills needed to break into a Mech and control it
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2013, 17:04:29 »
That is up to the GM. We have not described a specific mechanism, and the problems to solve can differ from unit to unit and 'Mech to 'Mech.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Dr Dodo

• Private
Re: (Answered) Rules & Skills needed to break into a Mech and control it
« Reply #2 on: 23 February 2014, 01:38:42 »
I knew that there was a mechanism

From the adventure "Null Set" pg 41-43
and Equipment from Mechwarrior 2nd ed pg 146

I accidentally found it reading through Null Set looking to modify for a adventure

It may be of no use to anyone else but at least I am not completely barking mad ;D
The Doctor IV: You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering.

Register