Author Topic: So why did these Clans survive?  (Read 19409 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Re: So why did these Clans survive?
« Reply #150 on: 20 March 2014, 01:21:59 »
If anything they would start at Elscorpion Imperio.  Just to be sure of course.   ;)

Its on the way to the Hansa.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #151 on: 20 March 2014, 06:06:21 »
Yeah, the Imperio is sitting right there practically on the doorstep of the Clans. (200 light years or so is still a doorstep to the Homies)  It does not look good for them, no matter what plan of action the Home Clans decide upon.  They are right there to be hit first, and they represent a former Clan that has rejected the new Home Clan "vision" after the Reavings. 

My hope is that it's all too obvious and something unforeseen happens first, because I like my Imperio and I wouldn't want to see it get tossed into the Home Clan meat grinder.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #152 on: 20 March 2014, 07:57:30 »
Homeclans island hop the Imperio.  Whack th Hansa with ease.  Decide they need more people and gear and the most efficient way is to incorporate the Imperio.

Scorpions rejoin the clans after reaving all those invovled in the ELH deal and can now fully utilize their new resources.

Clans now have a much larger pool of resources to work with, they are larger, and there are 5 of them.

It's far fetched based on clan law but clan law is out the window, it's a possibility.

To the patient go the spoils

ArkRoyalRavager

• Major
  • Ravaging the enemies of House Davion
« Reply #153 on: 20 March 2014, 09:59:59 »
So you haven't taken Scorched Earth into account.

I have. But the Ravens are a Clan and they don't do spoilsport tactics, while the Combine will be more shocked at that initial stage than in a state of mind to blow up their most cherished district

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #154 on: 20 March 2014, 10:11:38 »
My hope is that it's all too obvious and something unforeseen happens first, because I like my Imperio and I wouldn't want to see it get tossed into the Home Clan meat grinder.

Seconded. Way to cool of a faction to just melt.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #155 on: 20 March 2014, 12:58:34 »
I have. But the Ravens are a Clan and they don't do spoilsport tactics, while the Combine will be more shocked at that initial stage than in a state of mind to blow up their most cherished district
Sorry, but that is just wishful thinking. The massive hate & history between IS and HW clans means that between them its total war. And as for the DC, the workers themselves and any ISF agents will be quite willing to destroy infrastructure now.

And even if the HW clans do capture anything, they still might have trouble adapting it to their use, considering the tech divergence.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme & Nebula Confederation

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #156 on: 20 March 2014, 17:49:55 »
It's far fetched based on clan law but clan law is out the window, it's a possibility.

This is another thing I have been wondering about quietly.

How will Clan Law evolve?  How different will things be next time we get a glimpse of their military and culture?  The Kerensky Cluster was described as largely a broken waste with pockets of intact industry/infrastructure at the end of the Reavings.  Things were starting to get on track by 3090.   

The Home Clans were reborn in fire.  Only four survived, but we await their arrival after no telling how many years since last we left them. 

Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Register