Author Topic: Hell's Horses Infantry Trial of Bloodrights pre-Elemental suits  (Read 1116 times)

Alan Grant

• Captain
We've always known that the Hell's Horses deployed infantry and constructed the originator of the Infantry phenotype long before there were Elemental suits.

What I'm wondering...is how do you think infantry Trials of Bloodright were handled back then? I don't think I've ever seen any rules on the subject.

I'm not talking about test-downs, secondary warriors of more modern times bestowed their status because they failed their first ToP and thus probably forever denied things like the opportunity to earn a BLoodname. Presumably back then infantry warriors were bred for that purpose and allowed to compete for a Bloodname. Back then I imagine at least in the Hell's Horses, it was possible to be a successful Clan warrior in that Clan (bloodname and so on) as an infantryman.

Any thoughts on how that was handled? I'm picturing a Trial of Bloodright pitting an infantryman against a 'mech augmented.....

solmanian

• Captain
Re: Hell's Horses Infantry Trial of Bloodrights pre-Elemental suits
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2014, 18:10:02 »
Well, obviously you'll never have a trial of a single infantry, no matter what armaments he has, in one-on-one fight. It wouldn't even be funny, and dishonored both participants.

There are plenty of examples un-augmented trials between Mech-jockeys and Elementals, it's practically the SOP in a trial between them. It could be augmented with swords and pistols, but not power armor. Remember that even though elementals are bulkier and more muscular, the Mech-jock has superior speed and reflexes, so they're practically on even grounds; also, elemental are trained to operate as team, while pilots are encouraged towards personal excellence.
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

Register