Author Topic: A warchest question, regarding track point cost.  (Read 1365 times)

Matt.C

• Corporal
  • Davion '25
A warchest question, regarding track point cost.
« on: 03 April 2011, 05:31:54 »
I may be totally blanking out on this issue, so I need someone to make something clear for me:

Chaos Campaign Tracks cost Warchest points. On this I'm clear.

But then, there are options that make the tracks more expensive. And there I blank. Utterly.
I just looked at Era Report 3052's "Touchpoint: Satalice", which costs 400 WP.
And then there's "+200 Airstrike (Inner Sphere Player Only)" which makes the game HARDER for the IS player. Why should the IS player pay more for a harder track?

What am I not getting there?
“You know, Todd, when we're alone, and I'm talking out loud... It's kinda for YOUR benefit. I already know the stuff I'm saying.”
-Charlie Davies; Outsourced S01E12 - Sari, Charlie

ScrapYardArmory

• Master Sergeant
    • ScrapYardArmory
Re: A warchest question, regarding track point cost.
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2011, 06:50:15 »
Optional Bonuses increase your winnnings at the end of a track if the conditions are met.

They don't cost you anything.  The listed amount is what you receive as a bonus to the normal victory conditions.

They are an interesting way to dial up the difficulty of a track.  You have to balance risk vs reward before taking a bonus.  Do you think you can win even with the airstrikes or do you want to play it safe and look to win big with the normal victory conditions?

Hope this helps!

Register