Author Topic: does anyone use evade rule?  (Read 2430 times)

hengist

• Recruit
does anyone use evade rule?
« on: 11 February 2015, 15:51:04 »
Played first few games yesterday. Immediately obvious that hitting can be a problem. Evade will typically add 3 to the to hit number. This makes models very hard to hit and adds to game length. Anyone find this option a positive addition and if so why?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Re: does anyone use evade rule?
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2015, 18:01:09 »
Could you point to what rule you are referring to? I only know of Evading with regards to Aerospace in the TW rules.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2015, 18:13:18 »
Evading is an optional rule in the Alpha Strike rule book.
You can't fire while evading (which should include most other active actions like scanning, spotting,  etc), but are harder to hit.
It's an interesting option, but it's ability to screw up mission objectives and just prolong the game are why it was tagged as optional.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2015, 21:04:56 »
I use it with my assault and heavy units to get them to the party. If my unit doesn't have a shot they are evading
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

mk2

• Private
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2015, 01:06:09 »
Played first few games yesterday. Immediately obvious that hitting can be a problem. Evade will typically add 3 to the to hit number. This makes models very hard to hit and adds to game length. Anyone find this option a positive addition and if so why?

Our group does not use  it, its definitely wonky.

hengist

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 18 February 2015, 16:52:10 »
After playing several games, I am finding that with terrain, light mechs are hard enough to hit without the +3. To add that in would seem to make the games too long. Just my experience so far.