Author Topic: How would I use Mallory's World to run a strategic campaign?  (Read 1326 times)

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
Hi folks,
I've been trying to play out the Mallory's World scenario book as a strategic campaign, but this has been hampered by a number of factors.  I've tried comparing the scenario book to more rigid Warchest campaigns like Sword and Dragon, but there are some real differences.  I'm not sure how to handle them, maybe you guys have ideas:

1) Unlike S&D, multiple different regiments take part in Mallory's World, differing from one scenario to the next, so managing a force from scenario to scenario is impractical.  I'm not sure I can build a real TO&E for the regients, so things like battlefield salvage and lost units don't have a real impact.

2) The scenarios are written in such a way that it's very unclear who pays the WarChest points cost, and in many cases it's also unclear how you're supposed to make a profit from any scenario - the WP costs are very high, and the points gained for victory quite low.

In general, does anyone have advice for running a successful strategic campaign based around historical events like Mallory's World, or the Clan Invasion?

Thanks,
Vandervecken

Register