Author Topic: Michael's Marauders Combined Arms Mercenary Battalion  (Read 2173 times)

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
Michael's Marauders Combined Arms Mercenary Battalion
« on: 03 December 2014, 11:22:46 »
I was going through some old files and came across the first BattleTech TOE I ever created.  It was for a non-canon mercenary company that I called "Michael's Marauders" after my own name, and my favorite 'mech.  I included a Grand Dragon and a Jenner to give the original BattleMech company a Kurita flavor, to match the backstory I had for them, but otherwise it was mainly created by picking my favorite mechs out of the old TRO:3025.  After I dusted off the list, I thought I'd go ahead and expand it out to a full battalion by adding infantry and armor companies.  I was aiming to keep the two support companies fairly cheap, to reflect a relativly new mercenary unit just recently scraping together the funds to expand. 

Backstory:
The commander of the Marauders, Sho-sa Michael Ishikawa, was formerly the XO of a BattleMech battalion in the 36th Dieron Regulars.  During the failed invasion of the Isle of Skye during the Fourth Succession War, his unit was almost totally annihilated due to the incompetence of his CO.  The fact that even a handful of the 'mechs in the battalion made it back to their DropShips was due to the outstanding leadership and bravery of Sho-sa Ishikawa.  Unfortunately, the Chu-sa who lead the battalion to destruction was from a politically powerful family so Ishikawa ended up being scapegoated for the debacle and was discharged from the DCMS.  Several of the subordinates who he had saved voluntarily left the unit in protest and formed the core of a mercenary company under Sho-sa Ishikawa.                        

BattleMech Company   

1st Lance         
- Marauder MAD-3R (Sho-sa Ishikawa, CO)   
- Warhammer WHM-6R    
- Rifleman RFL-3N   
- Grand Dragon   DRG-1G[/li][/list]

2nd Lance         
- Griffin     GRF-1N   
- Shadow Hawk     SHD-2K   
- Dervish     DV-6M   
- Valkyrie     VLK-QA

3rd Lance         
- Phoenix Hawk      PXH-1
- Jenner     JR7-D   
- Stinger    STG-3R   
- Wasp    WSP-1A

DropShip AeroSpace Air Flight      
- Shilone     SL-17   
- Shilone     SL-17      

Transport         
- Union Command DropShip   
===================
Infantry Company

- 1st Platoon (Foot)         
- 2nd Platoon (Foot)         
- 3rd Platoon (Foot)         

Scout Flight         
- Ferret Lt. Scout VTOL   
- Ferret Lt. Scout VTOL      

Transport
- Union Combined Arms Dropship                           
====================         
Armour Company

1st Lance      
- LRM Carrier   
- LRM Carrier   
- LRM Carrier   
- LRM Carrier

2nd Lance
- Hetzer   
- Hetzer   
- Hetzer Laser   
- Hetzer SRM

3rd Lance
- J. Edgar Hover Light Tank   
- J. Edgar Hover Light Tank   
- Harasser Missile Platform    
- Harasser Missile Platform

DropShip AeroSpace Air Flight         
- Shilone     SL-17   
- Shilone     SL-17      

Transport
- Union Cargo DropShip   
« Last Edit: 03 December 2014, 11:25:33 by mdauben »
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

Dave Talley

• Major
Re: Michael's Marauders Combined Arms Mercenary Battalion
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2014, 20:54:40 »
nice
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 04 December 2014, 01:12:37 »
Interesting new unit. O0
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2014, 15:35:19 »

Thank you for this refreshing unit.

It's much better than the usual selection of Clan and optimized Davion 'Mechs that generally fill this subsection of forums.

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #4 on: 08 December 2014, 09:15:26 »
Thank you for this refreshing unit.

It's much better than the usual selection of Clan and optimized Davion 'Mechs that generally fill this subsection of forums.
Heh!  Well, as I said, when I created the original BattleMech company I was more concerned with picking my favorite 'mechs from the original TRO:3025 than I was in min/maxing my force.  Really, at that point I was probably too inexperienced at gaming in general and BT in particular to build a really optimized force. 

I had a lot of fun with the 'mech company back in the day.  I had a good friend who I gamed with regularly, who had a FW themed merc unit, and we created a whole ongoing rivalry between our two commanders built on repeated one-off games that we sort of strung togehter to create an unoffical narrative campaign.  There was also a lot of "in character" trash talk that took place via email or in person during our games.   ;D
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

Register