Author Topic: House Davion affiliated mercenaries?  (Read 5605 times)

drsid

• Corporal
House Davion affiliated mercenaries?
« on: 30 May 2015, 12:30:09 »
I was wondering whether there are any mercenary companies that have so frequently fought for House Davion that they are essentially a House Davion mercenary company?

Or, do mercenaries not work that way?

Thanks!

soshi

• Master Sergeant
  • reed'n be fun four da mentals
Re: House Davion affiliated mercenaries?
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2015, 12:35:15 »
Some merc's favor a house to the point of always or almost always taking contracts with that house.
But which one's for a specific house depends on what year we are talking about.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2015, 12:41:56 »
I was wondering whether there are any mercenary companies that have so frequently fought for House Davion that they are essentially a House Davion mercenary company?

Or, do mercenaries not work that way?

Thanks!

Cunningham's Commandos
Lexington Combat Group
Illician Lancers
12th Vegan Rangers
Screaming Eagles
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2015, 15:28:09 »
Didn't the Dragoons make that sort of remark about the ELH for the Davions?  Breaks down after the Star League is reformed . . .

Then you also have the . . . Capellan Dragoons?  They were a minor noble's personal unit and were sold at some point to either the march lord, Hasek/Hasek-Davion, or perhaps the AFFS/Prince . . . and during the Civil War, the current holder of that name bought them back so they would return to Kathil.  Not that I am too sure they survived the FCCW since IIRC one dropship got some close attention from a warship.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2015, 15:31:03 »
Team Banzai.  :P
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 30 May 2015, 15:38:09 »
Erm....what era do you want info on? Things change, although kinda not much as the merc scene goes, from 3025 to 3145.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #6 on: 30 May 2015, 15:52:24 »
Really?  The Jihad and the FCCW before it wrecked the merc trade of Davion.  The FCCW cleared out a few of the legally questionable merc units.  You also had folks who ended up on the wrong side and decided to look elsewhere for employment.  Next the Jihad, where trust plummeted and the Blakists had a general dislike of mercs . . . IIRC a lot of those traditional Davion mercs got pretty badly hammered.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2015, 16:10:31 »
*flips open his FM: 3145 to the Mercenary section*

The Ilician Lancers are still there. Narhal's Raiders are still there. 12th Vegan is still there (Although Bannson tempted them for a short break). Group W is still there. Harlock's Warriors are still there. Snord's Irregulars, the Langendorf Lancers, and the Ronin finish out the FedSun's 3145 merc entry. The only real new unit in that list is the Ronin.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2015, 17:55:41 »
Which IIRC we were told that is not a complete listing . . . ER has a few different ones, right?
Colt Ward

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 30 May 2015, 18:38:58 »
Era Reports says that the 21st Centauri may be employed....but for the purposes of the OP, If you want "State Mercs" that haven't died or gone the way of McCarron's in 3145 then the Illician Lancers, Harlock's Warriors, Narhal's Raiders, the 12th Vegans might be a good bet. Of the other units, I'm not sure. They all may *now* be considered long standing Davion merc units.

Davout73

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2015, 21:35:28 »
The Lexington Combat Group joined the AFFS as 4th Ceti Hussars during the Jihad.
Kiiro no Torii, a Battletech AU, found here:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,7316.0.html
Interview with a Mercenary, found here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,319.0.html
Every Man Must Be Tempted, a KNT Universe series: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/every-man-must-be-tempted
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, because the competent use it when it could do some good."

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2015, 22:06:02 »
Most Mercenary units will not work for one or two factions and not deliberately take up arms against one or two factions depending on ERA these change . Generally their is not enough work for just one faction to continually employ one unit unless they are small. If you are small it is common practice to economically bind the unit in a company store arrangement.