Author Topic: The Deathriders.  (Read 2173 times)

Deathrider6

• General Counsel Ngo Industries
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant
  • Go ahead, try and run.
The Deathriders.
« on: 01 August 2014, 01:46:13 »
  In spite of his rather abrupt departure from the AFFC due to s serious disagreement with a particular senior officer. Colonel Russell has done well to keep good relations with the AFFC (later LAAF and then LCAF) Mercenary Relations Command(s). It would only be proper for the unit briefing to begin with the Command Lance as well as a short summary of operations." A line in the Sand _ A history of Mercenary Operations in the Melissia Theater during the Jihad" -Kommandant Helmut Baden-Baden, LCAF Command and General Staff College 3091.

The Deathriders were formed in 3055 by their current commanding officer. Since formation they have served either Ngo business interests or the Theater Margrave as a garrison/cadre unit. During the Jihad and in recent years the battalion has been used to keep bandit forces  suppressed and other mercenary commands in line.

Battalion Command Lance - The Deathriders (Ngoverse)

Unit colors: A three tone black/blue/silver splinter camouflage (Black is the base color) , the unit insignia is a fanged skull over crossed Kukri.

Lt Colonel Kenneth Russell- BLR-4S Battlemaster/ TM-1A Toyama

Lt. Colonel Russell founded the Deathriders after leaving the AFFC in 3055. The unit secured a garrison contract on Kowloon for Groves Industries. He Graduated the Nagelring in 3046 and left active service as a Hauptmann. He is considered a veteran MechWarrior and is not afraid to face the clans using zellbriggen or getting in to a melee. His alternate ride is a Toyama captured from raiding blakists in 3072

Lieutenant Alexis Powell- ARC-6S Archer

Alexis Powell is the unit's finance/legal officer/quartermaster. Average in the cockpit of her prized Archer. She is deadly in the boardroom. When in combat she uses her missile weapons to great effect and does her best to avoid getting too close to her opponent.

MechWarrior (Sergeant Major) Phillip "Phil" Parker. TDR-9S Thunderbolt.

One of the two "bodyguards" in the lance. He is a 4th Generation MechWarrior and came with Colonel Russell from the AFFC. He does not use his actual rank in his mech preferring to be addressed as MechWarrior over com channels. He is considered a veteran MechWarrior and will fight to the death to protect his commander as situation requires it.

MechWarrior Melody "Book End" Walsh TDR-9S Thunderbolt,

As her call-sign indicates she is Parker's opposite number/companion. She has the primary mission of keeping Lt Powell from being bothered. When addressing Lt. Powell she does so in the 3rd person. She can swap spots with Parker as needed. Rumor has it that her and Parker are romantically involved. When confronted by people with more curiosity than good sense are met with warnings then violence.
"You're either with me, or you hate freedom and kittens. " - consequences on VSD and a draw result of the Great Refusal.

Deathrider6

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant
  • Go ahead, try and run.
Re: The Deathriders.
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2014, 00:42:30 »
As of 3060 the Deathriders are a combined arms battalion (mech company, light armor company, Mixed Jump Infantry with attached aero lance). 

The current contact is with the Kowloon Planetary Government and is subsidized by the various manufacturing concerns as well.

Deathriders Battalion (as of 3060).

Captain Maxwell Payne was the original mech company commander but was killed in 3059 during a pirate raid. Captain Surena O' Haire  assumed command.

Battalion Command Lance

Lt Colonel Kenneth Russell - Veteran - Battlemaster
   Lieutenant Alexis Powell - Green- Archer
   MechWarrior (Sergeant Major) -Veteran -Thunderbolt
   MechWarrior Malcolm Pickering _ Thunderbolt

Deathriders Mech Company (Alpha/Animals)

Command lance

Captain Surena O' Haire - Veteran - Archer
  MechWarrior Herald Fitz- Regular- Vindicator
  MechWarrior Keith Zimmer- Regular - Thunderbolt
  MechWarrior Sally Usher- Regular - Quickdraw

Strike Lance

Lieutenant Geoffrey Craig- Regular- Griffin
  MechWarrior Karl Wagner- Regular- Shadowhawk
  MechWarrior George Lunsford - Wolverine
  MechWarrior John Oliver- Wolverine

Recon Lance*

Lieutenant Sarah Vincent- Veteran- Phoenixhawk

Bravo Company (Armor)

Command lance

Captain Simon Guderian - Veteran - Patton
   Sergeant Tanna Schmidt -Regular- Patton
   Corporal Gina Timmons  -Regular - Patton
    Corporal Shin Ikeda -Regular - Patton

Battle Lance

Lieutenant Harry Lee- Regular - Hunter
   Sergeant Julius Ritter - Regular- Hunter
   Corporal Hans Jaeger - Regular -Striker
   Corporal Nadia Hafez - Regular - Striker

Scout Lance

4 Savannah Master light Hover-tanks  (Crews are training no permanent personnel assigned at this time). Lieutenant Constance Jurgen will be commanding.

* Unit is in the process of being rebuilt due to termination of several MechWarrior's contracts. Variants are not listed to allow the possibility of "Customization" by players in the campaign this unit was initially used in.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2014, 00:46:03 by Deathrider6 »
"You're either with me, or you hate freedom and kittens. " - consequences on VSD and a draw result of the Great Refusal.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2014, 04:14:36 »
Just out of curiosity what year is the current writeup for?  Your first post indicates post-3072 (CO's Toyama was captured in 3072), while the your second post implies 3060 ("As of 3060...").
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Deathrider6

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant
  • Go ahead, try and run.
« Reply #3 on: 06 August 2014, 01:23:19 »
It will in stages the post Jihad Command Lance is present due to the background information. The roster will be presented in a unit evolution style using 3060 as the start point and running to about 3085.
« Last Edit: 06 August 2014, 01:33:00 by Deathrider6 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2015, 20:48:31 »
Update?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Blacksheep

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 03 January 2015, 22:47:36 »
The 'Mech company would be better at three lances of three 'Mechs each rather than two of four and one of one...say strip the Quickdraw and a Wolverine from the other lances and add them to the Recon Lance.  My two cents...