Author Topic: Story telling assist: MekHQ Unit staff generation tool V1.21  (Read 2392 times)

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Hi all,

Myself and Battleclad (mostly Battleclad) have created a little spreadsheet that helps you to roll up your staff when starting a new MekHQ campaign.

It's designed to make it easier to add a little more flavour to your starting pilots/admins/mechtechs, give them a little personality to help you invest in your own headcanon story! I know when I play they end up just becoming a bunch of P & G figures, this helps with the immersion a little more, and may inspire little subplots. Davion comrades going the extra mile to rescue each other? War orphan detests your disliked pirate subcommander?

Personally I like to use the Unit_generation_vertical sheet as it makes it easier to cut and paste bios into the description area of each staff member in MHQ (deleting each one as I go), although it does look a little messy in Excel. Horizontal may be easier to work with for first time users. I also like to give myself 3 free rerolls (for those situations where my leader ends up in a crappy Locust!), but everyone feel free to take the document and do as you wish with it.

The link below is open for comments, so feel free to either comment on here or there if you think of any changes that would improve it.

Also, if any of it is unclear, I'll be happy to help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xtoub4mj6KzlidZVVigmTzwkh9y8pu2w/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 09 August 2018, 09:23:33 by MoleMan »

BikeRacks

• Recruit
Re: Story telling assist: MekHQ Unit staff generation tool V1.21
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2018, 02:36:01 »
Think I'll make my first post on the forum to thank you for throwing this together. Lots of cool stuff in the spreadsheet, definitely going to incorporate some of this in my next ATB campaign.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2018, 07:49:28 »
You're welcome!

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2018, 10:39:46 »
Thank you I will probably put this to use. I have downloaded it do I put it in the mekHQ folder or what do I need to do here?
« Last Edit: 21 August 2018, 10:43:54 by TS_Hawk »

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2018, 11:27:16 »
Thank you I will probably put this to use. I have downloaded it do I put it in the mekHQ folder or what do I need to do here?
This is separate from MekHQ and the spreadsheet would be used to add additional details.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2018, 17:02:44 »
thank you

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2018, 09:59:48 »
Yes, it's by no means an official tool, nor does it import anything into MekHQ. It's entirely separate. It essentially just automates some dice rolls and gives you some (entirely unofficial) character traits for members of your unit.

Register