Author Topic: Can someone double check my repair times?  (Read 3337 times)

grimlock1

• Captain
Can someone double check my repair times?
« on: 19 March 2015, 07:30:37 »
I have two mechs that are in need of some serious TLC.
The first is a Grasshopper, that had its head crushed by a Diglord.  Note to self, NEVER stand next to and one elevation below a mech with a head capping kick.  Second not to self, Edge is a glorious thing!  That will need a new head, new cockpit, 2 sensors, 2 life support, LRM-5, and 9 points of armor.
240 minutes to replace the head, 2x260 minutes per sensor, 2x180 minutes per life support, 120 minutes each for the cockpit and LRM-5, then another 45 minutes to replace the head armor.  A total of 1405 minutes or about 23.4 hours of work. This is exclusive of other armor damage which I don't have handy.

The second is a Centurion that was used as the prototype for Yen Lo Wang's 3051 upgrades.  After some assorted other assorted damage, the gauss two crits, so the right arm and entire right torso went away.  That beast needs 2x240 minutes to replace 2 locations, 3x90 minutes to replace the arm actuators, 120 minutes to install a new gauss, 300 minutes for the engine, 2x120 to replace the gauss bins, and 175 minutes to replace 35 points of armor.  For a total of 26.4 hours of work.

Does this sound right?
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

theagent

• Master Sergeant
Re: Can someone double check my repair times?
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2015, 09:08:22 »
Yes, the time for the Grasshopper is correct.  Note that you'll get a -2 bonus when replacing the armor, but a +3 penalty for the head itself.

For the Centurion... Does that mean the armand torso were actually destroyed in the sense that the arm took damage until it was gone, then date transfer took out the torso?  Or did the torso blow up & the arm flew away?  If the latter, you could may he treat it as a limb blown off reattachment (180 minutes), drop the actuator replacement, & maybe reduce some of the armor replacement.

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2015, 19:46:38 »
Yes, the time for the Grasshopper is correct.  Note that you'll get a -2 bonus when replacing the armor, but a +3 penalty for the head itself.

For the Centurion... Does that mean the armand torso were actually destroyed in the sense that the arm took damage until it was gone, then date transfer took out the torso?  Or did the torso blow up & the arm flew away?  If the latter, you could may he treat it as a limb blown off reattachment (180 minutes), drop the actuator replacement, & maybe reduce some of the armor replacement.
The Centurion's gauss had a uh bad reaction to some incoming medium laser fire.  That took out the remaining IS in both the arm and torso.

As for the Grasshopper, would it matter if it had a factory level customize?
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2015, 13:30:37 »
I'm at work and can't look it up right now... but doesn't StratOp state that a head assembly comes with cockpit/sensors/etc? At which point it would just be the time for the head, armor, and LRM-5. I'd check that first though.

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2015, 11:30:45 »
The Centurion's gauss had a uh bad reaction to some incoming medium laser fire.  That took out the remaining IS in both the arm and torso.

As for the Grasshopper, would it matter if it had a factory level customize?

Ouch... That's a nasty allergy, you may want to have your tech look at that, LOL.

No, customization is only a actor when you're modifying a stock 'Mech to a new configuration... and even then, as long as the new configuration doesn't match a canon variant.

For example, the -5J variant traded the LRM-5 and 2 MLs for an AMS and Streak-2, plus replaced the LL with an ELL.  Although technically a customization, since both are canon models you can use the "refit kit" rules to determine how long it would take to complete.  However, if you wanted a custom low-tech refit -- say, replacing the LRM-5 with another ML and replacing the LL with a PPC, creating a nice ammo-independent raider -- that would be a customization (and therefore subject to the x2 time multiplier), because it doesn't correspond to a canon design.

That's probably also why most of the SLDF pilots that were allows to customize their 'Mechs were limited to a handful of Class A/B refits, because the customization time involved becomes very large.

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 21 April 2015, 02:50:33 »
I'm at work and can't look it up right now... but doesn't StratOp state that a head assembly comes with cockpit/sensors/etc? At which point it would just be the time for the head, armor, and LRM-5. I'd check that first though.
I think that only applies in the case of "head blown off." Wish it didn't...
Idle question... is it possible to just buy a Grasshopper head, pre-wired that just needs to be attached?
« Last Edit: 21 April 2015, 03:09:38 by grimlock1 »

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2015, 17:18:00 »
I think that only applies in the case of "head blown off." Wish it didn't...

No, I was right. And I'm not at work so I can get the quote.

Page 180 of SO: The base cost for replacing a ’Mech head does not include the cost of the head’s cockpit, sensors and life-support system. However, replacement heads always contain these items, so the additional costs must be paid when buying a head.

Which answers your other question - when you buy a mech head, it contains all the 'parts' in all cases.

You do still need to buy/install actuators separately from limbs (per the previous paragraph). But heads are apparently treated different.
« Last Edit: 25 April 2015, 17:21:07 by Jayof9s »

Register