Author Topic: Where is Falcon's Reach located?  (Read 2146 times)

SouthernShadows

• Recruit
Where is Falcon's Reach located?
« on: 26 September 2016, 18:21:01 »
I'm prepping to run a combination Battletech board game and RPG set in the Dark Ages Era, around 3145-3150, focusing on Lyran space.

One Noritomo Helmer is going to play a prominent role in my story but I've run into a snag.  I've scoured Sarna and the internet and I can't seem to find an answer - where is Falcon's Reach?

It seems to me from the way it's discussed to be close to Lyran space but I can't find it on any maps.  Does anyone know where the Reach is and what worlds are in it? 

Any answers or just pointing me in the right direction would be very helpful!

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: Where is Falcon's Reach located?
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2016, 18:28:14 »
I think Falcons Reach was the territory formerly claimed by the Republic during the DA that the Falcons hail-mary'ed through Lyran territory to grab

They included Skye but I can't remember others off top of my head
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 26 September 2016, 18:44:45 »
According to Rending of Falcons, the Jade Falcon Occupation zone is now known as "The Falcon's Reach." So it isn't a planet, but the entire OZ.

Of course, there are parts in it that suggest that the "The Falcon's Reach" might just be the planets taking during the attacks during the 3130's and 40's, but its hard to tell (for instance, one of the chapters that takes place on Sudeten doesn't have "The Falcon's Reach" label).

So its either the entire OZ, or everything that they've taken from their original OZ during the 3130's and 3140's.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #3 on: 26 September 2016, 19:27:58 »
The term "Falcon's Reach" is never applied to the JFOZ outside of the area conquered during their désant during the mid-3130s (and any expansion from that territory since then). It solely refers to that area. See the map below for its extent as of late 3135.

SouthernShadows

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2016, 22:37:12 »
Thank you for the replies!  Where is that map from, Roosterboy?

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #5 on: 27 September 2016, 01:14:30 »
Thank you for the replies!  Where is that map from, Roosterboy?

From one of the novels; Fortress Republic, maybe?