Author Topic: New JMPS and JMPW ability  (Read 5430 times)

Descronan

• Master Sergeant
  • "No multi-pass."
New JMPS and JMPW ability
« on: 14 June 2019, 12:35:30 »
Several people have noticed the new abilities for JMPS1 and JPMW1 on units with jump scores different than their ground movement. Can someone clarify what this means? It appears that JMPS is a bonus and JMPW is a penalty.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: New JMPS and JMPW ability
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2019, 13:04:08 »
Take a unit with more or less jump movement than ground movement.  Good examples: Jenners, Uziel 8S, Gyrfalcon.

If a unit has JMPW1 (like the Jenner), under the previous edition you would declare a jump, look up what the TMM for that speed actually is, and then +1 for jumping.  Now, you take the printed TMM (+3), +1 for jumping, and then JMPW1 tells you to reduce it by 1 for a final TMM of 3.  It's the same number as before, but now you don't have to look up (or memorize) the alternate movement value's TMM.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2019, 13:18:46 »
It's covered in the Alpha Strike Commander's Edition.  Without it, just ignore those special abilities.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Descronan

• Master Sergeant
  • "No multi-pass."
« Reply #3 on: 14 June 2019, 13:34:58 »
Thanks for the quick response. I suspected that's what it was, but wanted to confirm.

Speaking of the Commander's Edition, any updates on when they expect it to hit the market?

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 14 June 2019, 13:47:58 »
I don't know any more than what's been said publically.  It went to the printers a couple months ago, it's made an appearance at Origins.  That's all I know.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

capnbishop

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2019, 13:37:49 »
It was released on the 10th.