Author Topic: HOrses and the Great Refusal  (Read 2520 times)

O5P_Ghost

• Warrant Officer
  • DR? NSR? Doesn't matter, I'm the one with the HMG!
HOrses and the Great Refusal
« on: 08 May 2011, 21:47:19 »
So I'm thinking of choosing some other factions besides the Combine after 25 years of BT. For my Clan factions I need a IS and Homeworld Clan. The Homeworld ones are still up in the air between the Adders and the Yotes. However, for the IS Clan I was looking at the Horses. The combined arms seems fun and different.

With that said, I've been doing some researching and I discovered an anomaly. The Horse participated in the Great Refusal and lost to the FRR's 3rd Drakons. By losing in the Great Refusal by what right can they obtain a IS zone in the DA/Jihad? Is it due to the fact that the Bears and the FRR joined forces so since the Drakons don't exist the ruling is void? Or they only took world's from other clans and that makes it legal? Or that they already had worlds in the IS so they could still expand there?

Help please?
User formally known as Snowfire
"Because the Draconis Combine is the greatest, strongest nation-state the universe has ever seen, and it is the destiny of House Kurita to rule over all of humanity. The people of the Federated Suns can accept this or be made to accept it." MapCapellan

Decoy

• Captain
Re: HOrses and the Great Refusal
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2011, 21:49:14 »
The "Right" the Horses use to claim their Occupation Zone in the Inner Sphere is the same as anything for the Clan system. The Wolves and the Jade Falcons were too weak to hold their territories.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2011, 21:52:42 »
Losing in the Great Refusal doesn't ban a Clan from having IS holdings.  Especially since the Horses didn't even gain IS holdings until after the Great Refusal.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2011, 21:56:56 »
The "Right" the Horses use to claim their Occupation Zone in the Inner Sphere is the same as anything for the Clan system. The Wolves and the Jade Falcons were too weak to hold their territories.

it's not quite that, it's a little more complicated than 'they were weak and we took holding.' the horses were initially granted worlds in the IS because of a political scheme by vlad, and they were kicked off the planets given to them. the second time they invaded was to get the heck out of the homeworlds, and they double crossed a few people to do it. the great refusal was to put an end top the initial clan invasion, and if i have my facts straight that's also when the invasion border was put up (i have a terrible memory when it comes to facts) 

Losing in the Great Refusal doesn't ban a Clan from having IS holdings.  Especially since the Horses didn't even gain IS holdings until after the Great Refusal.

this also
« Last Edit: 08 May 2011, 21:59:06 by Daishi411 »
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Wolf Lancer 4

• CSO Pack Mule
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Home of hand built Timber Wolves.
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2011, 21:59:57 »
The Great Refusal ended the "combined" invasion of the Clans of the IS.  It does not however stop another Clan from invading the IS of its own accord.  Not to mention the Horses invaded the Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon OZs.  It is Clan territory that they took and not technically speaking worlds of an IS house.
From a 'Mech grave he rose, snarling
Ready to do battle for his vanquished Clan
Stalking the Falcon Khans, who would remake us
His actions, the Wolf incarnate
  -The Remembrance(Clan Wolf), Passage 412, Verse 10, Lines 9-12

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2011, 23:47:31 »
I would think that the Horses would satisfy your requirements for both a Home & Invader clan.

They were Home for a long time & only just entered the IS in large #s.
By the time they do, its because the Homeworlds get shut off & we loose all storyline to them.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Register