Author Topic: Curiosity - A question of Houses  (Read 3846 times)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Re: Curiosity - A question of Houses
« Reply #30 on: 28 December 2017, 11:13:27 »
3025: House Steiner Yo! Incompetant social generals for the win!
3050: Whoa. Free Rasalhague Republic is a thing! I like these vikings!
3075: The FRR is gone! But the Free World's League is in alot of tiny pieces now! Sick!!! FWL!
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 28 December 2017, 22:23:23 »
 Merc or Davion for me.

Even my Merc unit's are mainly Davion employed. I will not work for Dracs or Liao at all. Steiner at times, FWL if I got no other choice or the offer is just too good to pass. Periphery, same as FWL.

Clan, well would have to be Wolf, though I also like the Nova Cats.

CrossfirePilot

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 28 December 2017, 23:33:30 »
Started out in 3025 era as a Davion/Steiner fan because they were the good guys in the first PC games.  Currently I am writing a story where my character in on Khon Kaen because he likes the food but will soon be cutting ties with the Davion/Steiner realms.  Possibly to become a Freeworlds Leaguer.  Just because he figures "you do your thing, I'll do mine"

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #33 on: 29 December 2017, 02:43:11 »
I wouldn't call them my favorite factions, but I found the Draconis Combine and Clans fascinating, because they were so alien. That fascination hasn't really changed with era.

I don't actually have a favorite faction, because I found early on that none of them actually fit my ideals as an American to get behind.  Even being a 'citizen of Earth' was not much of a clarion call for Comstar, WoB, or the Republic.

That hasn't changed by era, either, though I would be more inclined to the Republic.

Effectively, pirates and mercs allow me to sample fighting for or against any single one of these, and I could shape the force to whatever ideals I wanted.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #34 on: 29 December 2017, 07:41:08 »
I started out as an FWL fan. Then I became a Combine fan for some reason. Now I'm an FWL fan again. No idea why the progression. It happened. I'm also a Republic fan as well, probably more then a Combine fan.

(Fun fact: There's one non-Successor State faction I used to like but I was turned off it by its fans. Go figure)
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Register