Author Topic: How many unlisted mechs?  (Read 4272 times)

imperator

• Warrant Officer
Re: How many unlisted mechs?
« Reply #30 on: 28 January 2018, 10:09:05 »
Still reading the original Gray Death Trilogy. Now on book 2. Duke Ricol, seems to have at least 1-2 Regiments of Mechs under his command. Are they listed under the Combines Forces or are they all his liegeman?  I know that this is early in the writing of Battletech, but do Ricol’s forces appear in any past or current TO&E?
Their is no problem Jump Jets and an assault class auto-cannon can't handle.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: How many unlisted mechs?
« Reply #31 on: 28 January 2018, 10:27:16 »
OK, how would you setup the militia of a Garden World with 2 million population spread out in an area the size of Europe?  How about a Mech Factory that produces the AC/5(200 a year and a small germanium mine (1 ton a year), but has a population of 200,000 in 3 cities?

Forces appear where they need to when the Heroes™️ show up

Sorry man it’s not that deep. TPTB haven’t cared since like 1992 either and it’s worked out fine. Battletech only has the veneer of SERIOUS MILITARY SIMULATION but it’s really just a heavily detailed plot hook generator.

Any attempt to template realty on the BTU will result in dumb internet arguments and the unnecessary death of thousands of catgirls.

In short to answer the OP: there are as many unlisted mechs as there need to be to make sure people have fun playing with giant stompy robots

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?