Author Topic: BattleMech Identification  (Read 1372 times)

kobyra

• Recruit
BattleMech Identification
« on: 23 July 2019, 23:35:55 »
I purchased an ebay lot of Mechs a while ago and I am working to identify them all.  I am down to 3 that I was unable to quickly identify.  I was hoping that someone on here would be able to help me out with the IDs.  Thanks in advance!!!

Kobyra

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: BattleMech Identification
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2019, 00:03:54 »
Far left is a second line clan design from TRO 3060 I think, middle looks like a Star League design from 2750 or 3067 or something, he last looks like one of those stupid designs from 3050 or 3055.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2019, 00:07:32 »
Unseen Kraken, Unseen Viper, first sculpt Battle Hawk

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

kobyra

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2019, 00:16:34 »
Thank you for the quick response.  That took entirely less time than I had already spent searching.

Kobyra

dirty harry

• Lieutenant
  • Make my day
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2019, 05:15:50 »
Quick warning on the Viper: those bent laser barrels are indeed the laser barrels, not mold flash. They are tiny, they are long and scream all day 'destroy me'. Be careful with the legs as well. I have seen one of these old Viper benting just from standing in direct sunlight for too long.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 24 July 2019, 07:02:35 »
Unseen Kraken, Unseen Viper, first sculpt Battle Hawk
All three of which are visually unappealing. The Kraken causes pain in my eyes as does the Battle Hawk. The Viper is simply ungainly and doesn't look like it should walk.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #6 on: 24 July 2019, 12:37:59 »
All three of which are visually unappealing. The Kraken causes pain in my eyes as does the Battle Hawk. The Viper is simply ungainly and doesn't look like it should walk.

Agreed on the Viper. It almost looks like an aerospace company decided to get into Battlemechs and tried to recycle as much of their existing tooling as possible...

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 24 July 2019, 19:28:14 »
Quick warning on the Viper: those bent laser barrels are indeed the laser barrels, not mold flash. They are tiny, they are long and scream all day 'destroy me'. Be careful with the legs as well. I have seen one of these old Viper benting just from standing in direct sunlight for too long.

Taking Dirty Harry's warning to heart, I would suggest drilling up through the feet and legs, and adding a metal rod to help stiffen them. It is easier to add it now, than try to add it after the legs have bent/broken.

Caz

Register