Author Topic: FOMORIAN (BANSHEE IIC)  (Read 1177 times)

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
FOMORIAN (BANSHEE IIC)
« on: 11 November 2022, 00:57:46 »

While Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon clashed during the 15th Battle of Hesperus, then Khan Ward sent a small Elemental team into the Myoo Mountains to retrieve as many data files as possible from Defiance Industries.  Among the data retrieved were the design files for Banshee assault mech variants, including the heavily armed BNC-3S and the melee-specialized BNC-8S.  After the Wolves claimed Terra, the Banshee files and Clantech expertise were transferred to Krupp Armaments.  Based on these files, A team of Krupp and ilClan technicians developed a new, Clantech Banshee IIC called the Fomorian.

The Fomorian takes a layered approach to survivability, incorporating a Null-Signature System, over 24 tons of Hardened Armor, and a chassis made of Reinforced Structure.  Hard to hit, hard to penetrate, and hard to damage, the Fomorian’s battlefield longevity is unparalleled.

Offensively, the Fomorian mirrors the BNC-3S, firing a Gauss cannon and dual ER Large Lasers at range and a quartet of ER Medium Lasers and SRM six-pack in close combat.  The Fomorian’s motive system is also enhanced with Triple-Strength Myomer, boosting the Formorian’s speed and granting it dangerous kneecapping and decapitating strikes in melee combat.

With 17 freezers, the Fomorian can fire its long-range array (Gauss and ER Large Lasers) with its Null-Sig System engaged while cruising or flanking without incurring negative heat effects.  At closer ranges, the ER Medium Lasers and SRM six-pack exactly substitute for the heat of the ER Large Lasers in the firing sequence.  To activate the TSM, weapons from both the long- and short-ranged arrays are combined, and an ER Small Laser and Pulse Micro Laser provide precision thermal control and anti-infantry fire.

Highly flexible, survivable, and dangerous, the Fomorian has displaced the flawed Amarok within the ilClan’s armies and played a central role in defending Terra and extending the ilClan’s rule beyond Terra.

Code: [Select]
                 BattleMech Technical Readout

Name/Model:           FOMORIAN (BANSHEE IIC)
Tonnage:              95
Configuration:        Biped BattleMech
Technology Base:      Clan (Mixed)
Era/Year:             ilClan/3154
Rules:                Advanced
Chassis:              Star League XT-R Reinforced
Power Plant:          285 Extralight
Walking Speed:        32 kph (43 kph)
Maximum Speed:        43 kph (54 kph)
Jump Jets:            None
    Jump Capacity:    None
Armor:                Double-Forged ZX20 Hardened w/ Null-Signature System
Armament:             
    1 Gauss Cannon
    2 ER Large Lasers
    4 ER Medium Lasers
    1 SRM-6
    1 ER Small Laser
    1 Pulse Micro Laser
Manufacturer:         Krupp Armament Works
    Primary Factory:  Terra
Communications:       Dalban Comline
Targeting & Tracking: Dalban HiRez-B

================================================================================================
Equipment                                                             Mass                     
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure:                         Reinforced                19.00             
Engine:                                   285 Extralight               8.50               
    Walking MP:                                3(4)                                       
    Running MP:                                4(5)                             
    Jumping MP:                                 0                                         
Heat Sinks:                                  17(34)                    7.00           
Gyro:                                       Standard                   3.00               
Cockpit:                                    Standard                   3.00                     
Armor Factor:                               196 (392)                 24.50             
    Type:                             Hardened w/ Null-Sig                                           

Internal         Armor     
                                    Structure        Value     
    Head:                               3              9       
    Center Torso:                      30             25
    Center Torso (rear):                              10
    R/L Torso:                         20             22
    R/L Torso (rear):                                  8
    R/L Arm:                           16             21
    R/L Leg:                           20             25

================================================================================================
Weapons and Ammo                                       Location          Critical     Tonnage   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gauss Cannon                                              LT                6         12.00
Ammo (Gauss) 16                                           LT                2          2.00
ER Large Laser                                            RT                1          4.00
ER Large Laser                                            LA                1          4.00
ER Medium Laser                                           RT                1          1.00
ER Medium Laser                                           RT                1          1.00
SRM-6                                                     RT                1          1.50
Ammo (SRM) 15                                             RT                1          1.00
CASE II                                                   RT                1          0.50
ER Small Laser                                            CT                1          0.50
Pulse Micro Laser                                          H                1          0.50
Triple-Strength Myomer                                    RA                3          0.00
Triple-Strength Myomer                                    LA                1          0.00
Triple-Strength Myomer                                    RL                1          0.00
Triple-Strength Myomer                                    LL                1          0.00
Null-Signature System                                     **                7          0.00
**Null-Sig occupies one crit slot each in CT, RT, RA, RL, LT, LA, LL.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Re: FOMORIAN (BANSHEE IIC)
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2022, 01:09:33 »
You're really loving the hardened/reinforced combo and doing wonders with it.  This is one mean ride, no doubt about it; that you managed to match the look to the 3S is a big plus.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2022, 02:09:51 »
You're really loving the hardened/reinforced combo and doing wonders with it.  This is one mean ride, no doubt about it; that you managed to match the look to the 3S is a big plus.

Thx much, ANS.  All these IICs are WSIWYG with their parent designs and match the art.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2022, 21:58:32 »
See with my TSM based assaults I like having that speed boost of a massive 400XL engine. Of course you can’t do that here. What I find disturbing awesome is seeing a Banshee absorb all that damage (if you hit it) and then plod up and SMASH thru your enemies mechs in a TSM enhanced rage. Also adding your nearly full array of weapons on an Alpha Strike while barely making any heat.

I’m going to see (at some point I’ve already got my next force primed) how all of your assault designs interact together. Maybe throw all my local players together in a pile versus the assault unit. That will be fun.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2022, 10:43:08 »
See with my TSM based assaults I like having that speed boost of a massive 400XL engine. Of course you can’t do that here. What I find disturbing awesome is seeing a Banshee absorb all that damage (if you hit it) and then plod up and SMASH thru your enemies mechs in a TSM enhanced rage. Also adding your nearly full array of weapons on an Alpha Strike while barely making any heat.

Yeah, the Fomorian and the Wargod try to strike a balance between pure TSM melee assaults like the Berserker and Neanderthal and the traditional bucket-of-weapons assaults.  They can unload at range, go all primal close-up, or both as opponents/situations require.  I like that they can do both, despite sinking a lot of tonnage into defensive measures like Hardened Armor and Reinforced Structure.

I’m going to see (at some point I’ve already got my next force primed) how all of your assault designs interact together. Maybe throw all my local players together in a pile versus the assault unit. That will be fun.

Please let me know how it goes.  I don’t have much spare time to test my designs, so I’d love to hear what they kill.