Author Topic: Recommendation: Fighting Uphill  (Read 2121 times)

drakensis

• Lieutenant
Recommendation: Fighting Uphill
« on: 16 August 2021, 03:22:12 »
Fanfiction.net link
Spacebattles =https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/battletech-fighting-uphill.956044/link

When Wolf's Dragoons first came to the Inner Sphere, they came equipped with five regiments of what they thought were outdated battlemechs. They were right.

Written by evilauthor, this story is based in an alternate Third Succession War where technology continued to advance in the Inner Sphere, impacting warfare. The Dragoons arrive to find that they're encountering technology canon didn't see until the Jihad. Also they find that their clever disguise didn't work and everyone knows they're spying for Kerensky's army - but that's not a big deal, this is just business as usual. ComStar remains neutral (they don't sell advanced weapons, no. But donations seem to see the donors receive shipments mysteriously, and ComStar Precentors have suspiciously large stock portfolios in Terran military factories).

Expect to see all your favorite faces but in new and different roles, as the Inner Sphere is rocked by war, intrigue and giant stompy robots. Or as Julian Tiepolo would consider it: tuesday.
"It's national writing month, not national writing week and a half you jerk" - Consequences, 9th November 2018

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
Re: Recommendation: Fighting Uphill
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2021, 05:39:33 »
Expect to see all your favorite faces but in new and different roles, as the Inner Sphere is rocked by war, intrigue and giant stompy robots. Or as Julian Tiepolo would consider it: tuesday.
Also your favorite pastime during state weddings.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2021, 23:22:15 »
I support this recomendation; I was hesitant as it focuses on Natasha Kerensky and the Dragoons, but absolutely enjoyed it.  Not quite as good as 'Shrapnel' by Edbecca, but definitely a good read and within shouting distance in terms of imagination.

I hope he's still writing it.  Naturally, he ended the last chapter on a cliffhanger...
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Dirk Bastion

• Sergeant
  • It's Battle Armor, honestly!
« Reply #3 on: 19 August 2021, 16:36:05 »
Supporting this. The AU worldbuilding is, while whimsicaly, up to snuff.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2021, 19:03:08 »
It sounds good. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register