Author Topic: It's a bird! It's a plane! No it's Superman's younger, female cousin: Supergirl!  (Read 78468 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
It was funny as heck yes..  But i still wonder, what the heck papa Steel is up to.

Personally, I’m hoping for a version of the Creature Commandos.

grimlock1

• Captain
One thing that surprised me was the silhouettes of Stephen Amell  and Grant Gustin when wearing the other's costumes.  Gustin is nearly Amell's height but has a slimmer build and trains for a leaner physique.  Between the cut of the shoulders and the quiver poking over his shoulder, its not surprising that the Arrow costume was able to give the impression of a larger, more imposing character.  What surprised me was how slender Amell looked in the Flash costume.  He is not a small man and he trains for more muscular result than Gustin, yet he appeared very slim in the Flash costume.

John Wesley Shipp's Flash costume... Lets all remember it was designed the late 80's and leave it at that. :-)
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
I actually thought Amell looked awful in the Flash costume. He looked so paunchy even though outside the suit he most definitely isn’t. And it didn’t help that this season’s costume looks bad without the chinpiece.

And in other news: The CW Greenlights Ruby Rose’s ‘Batwoman’ Spinoff Series Pilot

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
I'll admit I'm cautiously optimistic about the story line they are going with as I wasn't overly offended by the old Birds of Prey show and getting a new take on the overall premise could be interesting.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
I loved Birds of Prey and was slightly saddened when it was cancelled
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

grimlock1

• Captain
I'll admit I'm cautiously optimistic about the story line they are going with as I wasn't overly offended by the old Birds of Prey show and getting a new take on the overall premise could be interesting.
Given the state of comic book TV at the time it aired, Birds of Prey was pretty damn good.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
I will admit I largely enjoyed it but they could have called Huntress and Black Canary something else and I would have been happier.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Agreed.  Though for arrow i am actually starting to like the new 'laura' lance (the former evil black canary).
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
A bit of a Thead necro, but still:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/supergirl-the-cw-series-ends-with-season-6

NExt season will be the last of Supergirl :(

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Not unexpected for me.

Last few seasons have been largely 'meh' for me.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Season 1, great.  Season 2, good.  Season 3, Meh.  Havn't watched it since.  Same with Black lightning.  And since arrow ended, i've not watched anything else either (other than the 100)
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Register