Author Topic: Mechs from other sources as Battlemechs  (Read 9620 times)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Re: Mechs from other sources as Battlemechs
« Reply #60 on: 20 March 2021, 11:40:41 »
I made the Mantis a Superheavy proto with ml and a thunderbolt 5 missile launcher. So it had to be a larger, the Amp is a 4 ton protomech, and the T60 is a scout light battle armor. The scales are a little off from Battletech one thing Is 6mm, sometimes is a larger scale. So it's a little tough for scales
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #61 on: 31 March 2021, 15:55:19 »
I will second what some others have said with Starcraft and Starcraft II, especially the Terrans

Goliath (SC1)

Goliath (SC2)

Warhound (SC2)

This one I think I used for a mech built by Kressly for use in the Chaos March to try to expand from the Lineholders.  I want to say it was earlier art than this, it had a 4 box on the shoulder rather than the 2 box.  Maybe it was this one-

But here is another version-

? (SC2)

SC2 . . . not sure on this one either

Definitely an assault . . . Blazers in the arms?

Generally I am looking at bringing in the vehicles from other properties.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #62 on: 31 March 2021, 23:40:16 »
What about the AMP suits from Avatar movie?? The suits that Mr. Bad A** Stephen Lang was driving in that movie.
A 10 ton mech with a hand held gun....protomech???

OR the apu's from Matrix reloaded/revolutions...
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 01 April 2021, 12:14:56 »
? (SC2)

The Viking is a huge challenge for two reasons: It is a LAM, and it has two sets of weapons that only work in one mode, missiles for ASF and autocannons in BM.

SC2 . . . not sure on this one either

Definitely an assault . . . Blazers in the arms?
Oh, the Thor or the Odin.  A lot of Artillery Cannons and missile systems on an Assault or Super-Heavy, respectively.

Of course, you could alter some of them to be more ammo-friendly, such as focusing on Blazers in the arms, Cannons and Missiles in the torsoe, etc.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #64 on: 01 April 2021, 12:33:32 »
The Viking does not have to be a LAM- it is the lore of Starcraft but you could give it IJJ and Partial wings . . . and weapons that work in both modes.  Make it some 40-50 ton mech that is 4/6/7 (or whatever IJJ & PW get it) armed with 2 LRM5s or MML5s, and a pair of RAC/2s.

The original Warhound I want to say I made into a 70t mech that was supposed to use a lot of the same parts as the Warhammer.  I never looked for the pic at home, I forgot.

Honestly the bottom one?  Blazer in each arm, some LRMs in the torso and mech mortars on the back.  Torso and legs get it close enough you could say it was a rebuild of some designs like the Fafnir w/ MAD-4X arms or better yet Juliano arms modified to make the SSRM6 spots into 'cannons.'
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Charistoph

• Major
« Reply #65 on: 03 April 2021, 11:31:54 »
The Viking does not have to be a LAM- it is the lore of Starcraft but you could give it IJJ and Partial wings . . . and weapons that work in both modes.  Make it some 40-50 ton mech that is 4/6/7 (or whatever IJJ & PW get it) armed with 2 LRM5s or MML5s, and a pair of RAC/2s.

Of course, an alternative would be have an ASF and BM with the same name.  It would be easier to build and be consistent at that point.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2021, 23:58:44 by Charistoph »
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #66 on: 03 April 2021, 12:01:49 »
What about the AMP suits from Avatar movie?? The suits that Mr. Bad A** Stephen Lang was driving in that movie.
A 10 ton mech with a hand held gun....protomech???
nah.. those are perfect examples of lower budget Assault class battlearmor. easier to tweak the tonnage to fit than to force them to fit into a combat and control system style that is so different.

assualt class BA with a heavy MG. (remember, standard BT mech MG's can run up to 20mm. so a 30mm would easily be an HMG)
« Last Edit: 03 April 2021, 12:03:24 by glitterboy2098 »

AngryButler with a KNIFE!

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #67 on: 05 April 2021, 23:12:11 »
Funnily enough, I have (and have posted them here previously) made designs based off Armored Cores.

Keep things around 60-65 tons, and be willing to use Hybrid mix'n'matching, and it's actually quite surprising just how WELL you can make one mimic a Core down to the last detail.

Yes, even the ones with the Overboost 'I'm standing still. BOOM! Now I'm going Mach 1, three inches off the ground' type shenanigans and still have them be able to swing a 'laser blade' around (retractable blade + flamer + TSM + Supercharger). It can quickly get hilarious if you somehow find a way to cram in a Partial Wing.
I love my Wiesel XII. Yes, yes I do.

Register