Author Topic: Need help: Custom AToW Record sheet  (Read 3208 times)

Cannon_Fodder

• Warrant Officer
  • Dream of freedom from the 2d6 bell curve.
Need help: Custom AToW Record sheet
« on: 29 June 2021, 04:29:37 »
Depending on how many Life Path Modules you take it is very easy to end up with more Traits and possibly even skill than the stock character sheets have room for. So around a decade ago I broke out a pair of scissors and my glue stick and made the attached sheet.

I am hoping there is a computer savvy individual that could do the same in the computer and end up with a much more useful pdf and without the faint lines left around glued sections. The original I had was lost years ago and that faded photocopy is all I have left.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Avatar by ShadowRaven  Sig banner by HikageMaru

bytedruid

• Master Sergeant
  • A great starter adventure.
Re: Need help: Custom AToW Record sheet
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2021, 02:11:26 »
I am hoping there is a computer savvy individual that could do the same in the computer and end up with a much more useful pdf and without the faint lines left around glued sections. The original I had was lost years ago and that faded photocopy is all I have left.

Ah heck I can make that for you in LibreOffice draw.  Can't get to it until the weekend due to work, but will post something before Tues.  Since the artwork in the corners is probably copyrighted, do you want me to put something else there?  Like maybe your 2d10 heretic image?
Hat tips to Slightlylyons who fixed aerotech in one post and to Daryk for organized cool stuff.

Cannon_Fodder

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2021, 02:25:50 »
Ah heck I can make that for you in LibreOffice draw.  Can't get to it until the weekend due to work, but will post something before Tues.  Since the artwork in the corners is probably copyrighted, do you want me to put something else there?  Like maybe your 2d10 heretic image?

My intent when I first made the sheet was for it to look as close to the stock sheet as I could. That way anyone who plays AToW could use it too. So I would rather keep the original artwork.

As for the time frame, we don't play in person until the 18th and it wouldn't even bother me if I didn't have it then. So I am in no rush.

bytedruid

• Master Sergeant
  • A great starter adventure.
« Reply #3 on: 02 July 2021, 00:37:49 »
As far as I know I can't post anything with the original artwork because I don't own the copyright or have a license from CGL to use it.  The only usage grant that I know of is on the bottom of the page (in my old 2010 AToW) than says "Permission to photocopy for personal use."  So I don't think I can post anything to the forums using any AToW char-sheet artwork without violating copyright. 

Than said the layout of the various boxes is different in your example, so long as I avoid the identifying art at the top I think I can make a pdf without stepping on any toes.
Hat tips to Slightlylyons who fixed aerotech in one post and to Daryk for organized cool stuff.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 02 July 2021, 04:40:49 »
Send a PM to Worktroll... he's the ombudsman, and can at least point you in the right direction for permission.

Cannon_Fodder

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2021, 17:53:09 »
Well I threw one together without the art work. Needs a tiny bit of adjustment to get all the lines and margins to line up right. But I am too lazy to bother, lol.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2021, 17:55:24 »
That looks fine... though I think a bit more for skills and a little less equipment would work too.  AToW applied properly gives you a TON of skills.  Equipment usually ends up on the 'mech record sheet...  ^-^

Cannon_Fodder

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 21 July 2021, 18:07:29 »
That looks fine... though I think a bit more for skills and a little less equipment would work too.  AToW applied properly gives you a TON of skills.  Equipment usually ends up on the 'mech record sheet...  ^-^

I converted both sides of the stock sheet to a JPEG, cut the blocks up and rearranged them to my liking. Just like a did with scissors and a glue stick a decade ago. What you suggests sounds too much like work. And this is to be on the back of the main AToW sheet. So it doubles the lines for skills and triples the lines for traits. And seeing how many enemies and compulsions I end up going through life paths seems welcome. Once into game play I found I really didn't need the Biography and Vehicle Data on the stock page 2
« Last Edit: 21 July 2021, 18:14:39 by Cannon_Fodder »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 21 July 2021, 18:09:04 »
Good points!  :thumbsup:

Register