Author Topic: Marik Free Trade Hall - The Spirit Shark Fox hang out  (Read 14480 times)

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: Marik Free Trade Hall - The Spirit Shark Fox hang out
« Reply #60 on: 26 September 2013, 22:17:58 »
Whether or not we like it, that's the term for people from the League.  We're all Mariks, apparently. 

Speak for yourself!  :o
Try going to Scotland and call the people "English", they'll dissuade you of the habit quick enough.  >:D

Just doesn't roll off the tongue like Marik or Fedrat.

So if Jessica becomes the new C-G, and family name follows patrilineal descent, what is the new house name?

House Fraud?
House Doppleganger?
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #61 on: 27 September 2013, 03:53:41 »
If her First Born gets the Captain Generalcy, then House Clan Sea Fox!

I believe the actual answer is, "The Free Worlds League"
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #62 on: 27 September 2013, 08:13:46 »
Speak for yourself!  :o
Try going to Scotland and call the people "English", they'll dissuade you of the habit quick enough.  >:D

That was sort of my point.  It doesn't matter if it is Mariks of Kuritans, using the name of the ruling dynasty as a noun to describe your people is an odd choice.  The British aren't called Windsorians.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Sabre sworn

• Corporal
« Reply #63 on: 27 September 2013, 08:36:49 »
The point is irrelevant since we mostly refer to every faction by its name when it comes to there people. Lyrans, Feds or Fedrats, Capellan ect.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #64 on: 01 October 2013, 03:32:16 »
Bourbons and Tudors would have been unusual titles for all of the French or English people, as opposed to just their ruling families of varying times.  Early Americans would be Washingtons, but only for eight years, then they became Adams, then Jeffersons, then...
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #65 on: 13 January 2014, 19:52:24 »
The IlClan cometh...  after yet more unnumbered moons, of course.

As Sea Foxes, we need to be as prepared as ever to embrace the coming change, and seize the opportunity. 

I strongly suggest that the Sea Foxes make a serious push into the cheese industry, as spoken of previously in this thread, and no doubt on others as well.  Let's face the brutal reality:  The IlClan goes nowhere without smoked cheddar.  Tasty and simple, an excellent compliment to applewood smoked bacon and burgers that we all know to be in great abundance there in the fabled worlds of the former Terran Hegemony. 

Khan Chill Penguin has assured me that an entire legion of semi-prepared barbecue masters await our bondcords amongst the citizens of the "great houses", especially the purple one and the yellow one. 

With all of this bounteous profit at our fingertips, all of this sweet and spicy tangy goodness to be devoured by those who can, what holds us back? 

Was it wetnaps?  I think they have those at Terra as well, though they are said to be of Blake manufacture.  The IlClan, whoever they may be, if they are not indeed us,  may not know how valuable a prize they are, and that's how the tables will be turned in the Sea Fox's favor.  That, and cheese.  Or so I heard. 

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #66 on: 13 January 2014, 20:58:57 »
The part where you call the great houses the purple one and the yellow one still has me laughing  ;D
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #67 on: 13 January 2014, 22:07:34 »
Just boredom while the IlClan vigil continues. 

On a different note, Wars of the Republic sounds like it should be a good read, however.  Hoping to see a lot of action for the Foxes and the Cats, both Nova and Spirit.  They all were part of a huge chain of events, so it's hard to imagine that they don't have vital (and hopefully lengthy) roles.