Author Topic: Obtuse Support Vehicle Insights?  (Read 1585 times)

Goose

• Lieutenant
  • … the Laws on his tail, burning for home …
    • Home of HeavyMetal Pro
Obtuse Support Vehicle Insights?
« on: 18 June 2022, 17:02:01 »
I know they are cheaper, always; But I'm wondering what … jobs might be worth printing a record sheet for?

For instance: I think I just figured out choppers always need to be combat vehicles.

And maybe Thumpers work best as SVU?  :-\

What have y'all noticed?
Goose
The Ancient Egyptian God of Fractional AccountingAnimare Tai-sa Shikishima
I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.

idea weenie

• Major
Re: Obtuse Support Vehicle Insights?
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2022, 18:09:32 »
Robotic mining machines.  For when your PC group gets time-shoved and now has to destroy the machine quickly before someone gets hurt.

Nikas_Zekeval

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2022, 13:51:15 »
I know they are cheaper, always; But I'm wondering what … jobs might be worth printing a record sheet for?

For instance: I think I just figured out choppers always need to be combat vehicles.

I can see them working as support vehicles, for example having a couple flitting over the map doing CSAR work.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2022, 14:59:32 »
If they're a target (on the map), they need a record sheet...  ^-^

Whiteagle

• Private
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2022, 11:53:05 »
Robotic mining machines.
Speaking of, trying to build some earthmover Quadmechs in MegaMekLab had me rather incensed at the lack description for Equipment in Tac Ops/Tech Manual/Total Warfare...
HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO SATISFY MY PRACTICAL GIANT ROBOT AUTISM IF I CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW A DUMPER IS SUPPOSE TO WORK?!?!

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2022, 07:50:05 »
Speaking of, trying to build some earthmover Quadmechs in MegaMekLab had me rather incensed at the lack description for Equipment in Tac Ops/Tech Manual/Total Warfare...
HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO SATISFY MY PRACTICAL GIANT ROBOT AUTISM IF I CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW A DUMPER IS SUPPOSE TO WORK?!?!
Don't worry, it'll be covered in a "later publication"... it'll just be over 15 years later at this point ;D
Jokes aside, most of that stuff can be handled by a good GM adapting existing rules.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

Register