Author Topic: Is the Lola III priced incorrectly on the MUL?  (Read 1897 times)

Alan Grant

• Captain
Is the Lola III priced incorrectly on the MUL?
« on: 12 November 2022, 20:52:01 »
The MUL shows a C-Bill price tag of over 6 million for the Lola III.

I'm not sure that's right. Some attempts at number crunching for the Lola II put it at 1.9 million and they aren't that different.

Is the MUL incorrect? Or what would the next step be in trying to raise that question?

Any help is appreciated, and I acknowledge that I could be wrong about this. If so, I'd just like to understand how.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Is the Lola III priced incorrectly on the MUL?
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2022, 21:13:45 »
Clan or IS version?
The LFB are going to bump it up a lot for the Clan model which is probably what your seeing.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2022, 00:00:44 »
there are many (probably thousands) of units with incorrect c-bill prices. it's on our radar, but any updates will occur in one massive batch done via SQL and will only follow a painstaking review in which we have to do a lot of calcs by hand to make sure the automated tools are correct.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2022, 04:00:20 »
Clan or IS version?
The LFB are going to bump it up a lot for the Clan model which is probably what your seeing.

Inner Sphere/Star League version on the MUL.
« Last Edit: 13 November 2022, 04:06:42 by Alan Grant »

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2022, 04:02:29 »
there are many (probably thousands) of units with incorrect c-bill prices. it's on our radar, but any updates will occur in one massive batch done via SQL and will only follow a painstaking review in which we have to do a lot of calcs by hand to make sure the automated tools are correct.

Thanks for answering.

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2022, 19:03:45 »
Found an interesting reference. Aerotech 2 revised, page 129 says the Lola III costs 1,940,951,600. FYI.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #6 on: 20 November 2022, 19:25:24 »
Found an interesting reference. Aerotech 2 revised, page 129 says the Lola III costs 1,940,951,600. FYI.

The cost calculations for WarShips has been revised since Aerotech 2. There's now an additional cost element that scales up as the ship gets bigger.

Megamek Lab gives a cost of 6,656,410,600, which should be reasonably accurate.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 20 November 2022, 19:41:45 »
I'm not that familiar with MegaMek Lab. I'll have to check that out.