Author Topic: Farewell Detective John Munch  (Read 859 times)

DOC_Agren

• Major
Farewell Detective John Munch
« on: 19 February 2023, 18:26:18 »
RIP Richard Belzer

I liked his comic style, and well he played Detective John Munch, like it was him. 
 :-X
 :beer:
« Last Edit: 19 February 2023, 19:44:34 by DOC_Agren »
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
Re: Farwell Detective John Munch
« Reply #1 on: 19 February 2023, 19:01:35 »
And he played that character on 8 or 10 different shows!  3 different shows in the same week!

RIP to the Master of Sarcasm

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Farewell Detective John Munch
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2023, 01:40:12 »
And the king of Conspiracies!
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2023, 10:33:26 »
Raquel Welch, Richard Belzer . . . and now for the 3rd actor . . .

Yeah, what was interesting was his appearance on SVU was written as a transfer from Boston which was another detective show on that network.  Was that show cancelled and they moved the character?  I never looked into it.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2023, 10:37:53 »
I think Stella Stevens was the third... or at least I hope it's only a trey this time.

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2023, 11:29:21 »
Raquel Welch, Richard Belzer . . . and now for the 3rd actor . . .

Yeah, what was interesting was his appearance on SVU was written as a transfer from Boston which was another detective show on that network.  Was that show cancelled and they moved the character?  I never looked into it.

The character was from Baltimore -- Homicide: Life on the Streets originally -- then the character move to New York and became a member of the NYPD.......

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), Two "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," and "Shadows of the Past," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Three White Roses," and "The Markslaughter Files."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." "In the Shadow of Dragons" (Out July 15th!) and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2023, 11:53:50 »
Baltimore, Boston . . . eh for a while NE city PD shows were a thing.  Story-wise it related to his ex-wife IIRC.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #7 on: 21 February 2023, 17:47:37 »
RIP to a good one.  Another good one, that is...
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert